7' Casting MH Rhino rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by catfishjohn, Mar 15, 2008.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I just placed a bid on e-bay for 2 of these brand new for $30 some bucks including shipping. I'm needing a couple boat rods and these fit my budget...:smile2: and should work well for what I need.

I had a friend that landed a 77.3lb flattie on an 8' Rhino rod with an Abu 6000 with 17# test line.
    I'm planning on putting 2 6500's on them spooled with 30# Big Game.
    What do you all think, is it worth it? I think so, they'll work till I can afford a couple ugly stik tigers or a custom.
    All thoughts and input will be appreciated!!!!!

2. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    John, they are good rods, I have 1 of them to with a 6500 abu on it. you can't go wrong with it. I have caught some nice fish with it and I use 25lb big game line.
    Hope you bid holds out for you brother. :big_smile:

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks Al. If not the buy it now price is only $4 more than I bid. Just trying to get them for under $40. I need a smaller boat rod badly!!! I ran across that deal and figured I'd try it out. They also have the Rhino warranty with them, so thats good. I've heard nothing but good about them and for the $$$ I think its a pretty good deal.:wink::big_smile:

4. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Thats not a bad deal at all John for 2 of those rods, I gave about that price for just 1 Rhino rod last year.
    It's a good buy....:wink:

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    I have 3 of them and can't complain about them, they work well for me, 45# flat is the biggest on them and no problems, we use them alot for striper and I'll tell ya a 30+ inch will give ya a good run for several minutes, no failure yet. By the way whats the item #, don't want to be bidding against ya on them :wink: j/k

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Item # is 220210343401,,,,,Feel free, if it goes up i'll bid on the others...:smile2:

Thanks for all the input! A little over an hour and hopefully they'll be mine...:wink::big_smile:

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    :smile2: No, actually I have been looking for one of the glow sticks, but everything I find is 2 piece :eek:oooh: Do they even make it in a 1 piece? I am beginning to wander, I can't seem to find any....

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Not sure about that. I've never used one of them. Maybe go to their website and check out what all is available? Good Luck!:big_smile:

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Here is the pic. The only thing I didn't really want/like is their 2-piece. 2-piece is more feasable and practical for me though. All my other rods are also 2-piece and have not had any problems. I know you all know what they look like but someone may not know...:confused2::wink::smile2:

220c_1.jpg

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I just got them less than $39 priority shipping and all. Hope they do a good job till time for more bigger/better boat rods! :roll_eyes::big_smile:

11. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have a Rhino 6'6'' MH one peice casting rod, its a good rod for the money, I have my Abu 6500C3 I use it for bottom fishing. I caught a drum and a small bream on it the last Monday.

12. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Sounds like a deal to me little bro! I cant wait to check them out.:wink:

13. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    They are some good rods I own a couple Rhino Rods my self

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    You'll be checking them out soon as I get them and we get out fishing.:big_smile:

You ready for Trout Schooling in the morn??? Wait, wrong thread....:crazy::tounge_out::smile2:

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Anymore feedback on these?
    I should be getting them in a day or 3. Excited to check them out!:wink::big_smile:

16. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    You wont my feedback a second time. :smile2:

17. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a good rod for boat fishing. Its hard to beat the Rhino rods for a man on a budget.

18. rocket256

rocket256 Well-Known Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    Those rods are good rods. I have two 6'6" but I only use them to fish small local ponds for something to put on a plate.:wink:

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I just got them today and they look great!!! I snapped a pic but it doesn't do them justice. They'll do till I can afford a couple good ones...:wink::smile2:

rhino 7' MH rods.jpg

20. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    They look good but they still wont help you if you cant hook em!!!!:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::big_smile::smile2::wink: