7/7 Grand Report

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKat, Jul 10, 2006.

1. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Sorry I have'nt posted my results from Friday night yet guys. It took me 2 days to recover from being awake for 47 hours straight. My partner and I caught 3 flatheads 19 - 12 lbs and several channel cats from 4 - 10 lbs. A few sheephead too. Most of our action came between 10:30 pm and Midnight. We fished until 8:00 am and enjoyed a small flurry of action around 6:00 am but only small channel cats. No takers on our livebaits, all fish caught on cut bait. Pics of my buddy Ben with his 17 lb flathead and one of him with my 19lber and his fish.

Attached Files:

2. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Good for you bro! Thanks for floating the skunk down the river to us though. :roll_eyes:

Sal

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

hot diggity dog congrats on a good trip.

4. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    A couple real nice fish. Congrats.

5. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    I would love to have had just one of those fish on last Friday! Nice!

6. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

So Dan you actually went fishing Friday night, and caught fish? You should have directed the fish truck to the vicinity of the crew, so they could have at least got a chance to get a sniff of a flathead. ROTFLOL! Congratulations on your catches, and thanks for sharing the pictures...

7. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Some areas across the Grand River drainage got 3 to 5 inches of rain yesterday between 4PM and midnight!
    This was badly needed, and besides the obvious benefit to the folks who grow our food, should have a positive impact on the fishing as well.

Looks like I'm taking BOTH kids out Friday evening for a while. If I survive, I should have a report for you Saturday morning.

8. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    We got somewhere between 2 and 2 1/2 here.

Good luck friday!

9. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Have a look at this. Note the level on the 7th...

I can't get the graph into a "valid file" so copy & paste this:

"http://www.woodtv.com/Global/link.asp?L=42937"

(Remove the quotation marks)

10. barney leonard

barney leonard New Member

State:
    Mannford,OK
    Nice looking fish there

11. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Absolutely needed rain. If the higher water has the same effect in Summer as it does in the months of April/May were in for a treat. The 2 largest channel cats I have ever seen were caught after big rains, the first time I was able to get back on the river after high water conditions in early May. They both came from the same hole that was turning up nothing the week prior. I don't know what effect the high water has on flathead relocation but I have my fingers crossed. Good luck on Friday Tony.

Dan

12. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    I have no proof or evidence other than my own experience, but I really believe a high-water period relocates scattered fish to the prime holes.
    Maybe they wander around during low water looking for greener pastures, then get pushed back to the choice spots by the increased current.
    Anyway, like Dan says, after a good rain go back to the holes you got skunked on before and see if somebody has moved back in. I know where I will be Friday.
    Good luck to you, too, Dan.
    Tony