7-31-06, Cumberland River jugging with my Dad

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by TNVOLCAT, Aug 1, 2006.

1. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My Dad and I hit the Cumberland yesterday for some jugging. We put in at the fairgrounds in Clarksville around 7:30 am and went upriver a couple miles and started setting jugs out just down from the "Conservation club". We had never tried this stretch before and didn't have the best results, but did manage enough to eat for supper last night. We managed only 5 fish- 1,1,3,4 and 4 1/2. We put out 18 jugs set at 15 ft. deep and had them baited with garlic marinated deer meat and fresh shad that was given to us the day before. We did have some other hits, but not good enough to set the hook. At one point we had a real good fish on, but it managed to get off before we could get to it. We drifted down to the Zinc Plant Rd. bridge by 1:00 pm and called it a day. It was hot, with temps in the mid 90's and high humidity. There was no barge traffic and only saw 2 boats all day and that was when we quit to pickup jugs. All in all, it was a good safe day on the river and time well spent with my Dad. I imagine we'll be going back to the Lock B area next time out. I know this is not the greatest report, but I just wanted to share the info with you all. They sure did eat good last night! GOOD DAY!

2. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Thanks for the report. You're more of a man than I am. I can't take this heat. I heard the weather report at noon and they said it was looking like we were going to have of couple of weeks of triple digit heat. I'll just stay in the ac and read about everybody else's fishing trips.

ST

:sweat: ​

3. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    its a good report brother keep them coming

4. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good report... a day with Dad is a good day, fish or no fish. :big_smile:

5. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Sounds like a fun day to me, a hot day but a fun day.

6. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Time spent with family is priceless......... Wish my dad didn't live so far away so we could go fishing... I am assuming that the deer meat was freezer burned or something????? RIGHT?????

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad you got to spend some time with your father, always nice when you can do that.