7-30 LKN

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by deepwoods, Jul 30, 2009.

1. deepwoods

deepwoods New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Rough morning.

Fished Mccleary Creek, Stumpy and Terripin. We got out on the water about 6:45. Started on Mccleary only fish we caught we 2 channels on the sabiki rig. Moved to Stumpy, 3 perch 2 channels again on the sabiki. Moved to Terripin and picked up 2 5-6 pounders on blue gill strips.

I guess it is the weather that is slowing down the bite. I am going to try again tonight.

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Jeff, the reports I'm getting, plus my own time on the water, says that it is slow. I don't know why, but this happens every now and then.

3. deepwoods

deepwoods New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I would bet the weather has something to do with it. Fall is around the corner

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Jeff, in the last two weeks the water temp. has dropped from 86-87 degrees to 81-82 degrees this morning. Some of those cats folks that follow water temp. changes say that a 1/2 degree overnight change will affect the bite. I don't know that for a fact myself, but something is going on.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Jeff thanks for the report on your fishing adventure. You caught a few there so looks like it may pick up for you. Hope you do well next outing.