7/23/06 deer pictures

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by samh, Jul 23, 2006.

1. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like there might be a shooter in there!

2. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    yea nice pics keepem comin

3. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Wow, those are the best yet!
    I love the ones with the coons in them.

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sam, that is some great shots and look at all the coons.

Thanks

5. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    some more great pics. looks like you will have a great crop of deer.

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey samh how about you having a boc gathering at your place on opening day of season? just kidding. whats the biggest buck you got pictures of at them feeders? thanks for sharing

7. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    brother from the looks of things you have a great season headed ur way good luck and thanks for sharin

8. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    They know where your corn is for sure. Thanks for sharing your pics! Good huntin' and fishin', Jack.

9. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    man your giving me the itch again!! Good thing I went and got my hunting license yesterday! I can page thru the regs and highlight the opening days on my calander.

10. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sam, Great pic!! I still cant believe all the coons!!! Keep em coming:cool2:

11. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    Makes my trigger finger itch lookin at those pics!1:eek:oooh:

12. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Brother those are some great looking bucks.Thanks for the pics .

:look_down: :cat:

13. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice pics brother, you seem to get a ton of good ones.

14. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Great pictures! Is it October yet??!! I can hardly wait!! I'm ready to start going to the lease, checking stands, working food plots....you hear me?? I AM READY!!! (Sorry, Just a little anxious!!)

15. Fire-Man

Fire-Man Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sam-----Loved the pic's. I am new to deer hunting--my first year and new on here---first post. I Love the feeder and have never seen any made like that(I have slingers). Can I get you or someone on here to give me a few pointers on making/hanging one. I know they are made of pvc--is it 4"? How do you fill it--you got it on a winch? Do you put just corn in it? Does it take long for the deer to learn to eat out of it?. Is the bottom free moving(not staked or tied). Thanks!! Randy----Conway SC

16. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Good Shot Sam. couple of them have good genetics... But that Monster Spike is somethin else.. LMAO. Nice Pics Keep em comin. We took a picture of a decent buck the other evening. I will see if I can post it later. Mac

17. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    The feeder ain't hard to make, take what ever length 4 inch PVC pipe you want, I make most of them 4 to 5 feet long, they'll hold about 4 to 5 pounds per foot, put a street L 90 on the bottom of the pipe, then a street L 45 on to the 90 ( you need street L's because they are shorter than regular elbows and go together without an extra piece of pipe between),bore a couple of 1/4 inch holes in the very bottom for drainage and put a cap on the top, paint it if you like and its ready to hang. You can either put a PVC cap on the top or find the right size plastic jug ( like a coke or juice bottle) and cut the bottom of and stick it over the top. You can either tie it to a post or tree, if you do this don't make it too tall or it will be hard to fill, or you can bore a hole all they way through it about 10 inches from the top and run a wire through it to hang from a limb. If you hang it with a rope, make sure to put a wire or cable from the feeder to the rope long enough so the wire will run from the feeder over the limb, if you use all rope the coons will chew it into where it runs over the limb almost every time.

If there are deer around they usually find it pretty fast, I scatter a little feed on the ground under it to help them find it.

The free swinging ones take a little longer for them to get to using, but the coons don't rake the feed out as bad as they do the ones mounted stationary, I'll tie them to a tree sometimes when I put one in a new location and then when they get to hitting it pretty good, I'll free swing it.

No winch, I just throw the rope over a limb and pull it up and tie it off to another tree close by, when filling let it down just enough to sit the bottom on the ground and let it lean oner just a little, then fill it and pull it back up, it;ll only weigh about 30 pounds full on a 5 foot long feeder.

They spill ( mostly coons) some feed on the ground, but as long as it doesn't rain it will all get cleaned up, They empty mine every night right now, I've got 3 out, when the acorns go to falling they will cut back to taking 3 or 4 days to empty them. If they go to leaveing too much feed on the ground I'll skip a days feeding and they clean it up, I usually end up filling mine every morning while I'm feeding my cattle but skip them about every 4th day to let'em catch up.

Hope this helps, good hunt'n, Sam.

18. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
  19. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    That's some nice bucks you got there.