7/21 Below Alton Dam tomorrow

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by 3dukmn, Jul 20, 2007.

1. 3dukmn

3dukmn New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If any BOC'er sees me and the Sea Ark below the dam tomorrow, stop and say "hey"!

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Sorry Todd, wish I knew you were heading out there. Already made plans. Chris Polombo and I are headin out of Festus tomorrow afternoon.

I don't have to describe my boat, when it has "Kutters Katter" all over it.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    And its a "Cool Katter" too. I wonder if I should call mine Cuz's Catter. Whatcha think?

4. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I hope you do as well as my friend and I did yesterday. We had a really good day. Big fish was 35 and we caught a bunch under that. Cut shad was the bait of choice.

5. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN

YAHOO! Going fishing with Kutter! Yahoooo!

:)

CP

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Almost, but still a bit off. It's Yeeeee Haaaaaaaaa! (required shout whenever boat is in mid air)

You do realize that the fish will be biting where Todd is and not where we will be? Perhaps we should change plans and head up to where he's going? Naaa, this way we can use that excuse when we don't catch anything.

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    No Fair!!! I have to Work.
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

8. xOZx

xOZx New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good Luck Bro!:wink:

9. 3dukmn

3dukmn New Member

State:
    Missouri
    quick update - 3 fish - all small.

It was a really nice day to be on the river though!!!!!!!!

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    It was beautiful out today down where we were, Todd.
    Now, to be totally honest, we put a couple of dozen in the boat. We are including shad, right? Ok, then how about we got more bites than I have ever gotten out on the Mississippi River, before. We are including bugs, right?

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Sounds like someone got skunked?:wink:

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    No, Todd said he caught 3.

Oh, you mean me?
    No again, we got fish in the boat. One was fairly big, didn't weigh it. Yes, we did release it. However, I don't think it survived.
    The rest were all small ones.

We are still including shad and bighead carp, aren't we?

13. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    One of pur fish was so big, we had to take the screwdriver to it maffia style just to slow it down enough... to release it later on.

I got lots of bites too. More than I have gotten all year. Bites on the legs... a few on the arms and neck... I am just itching to go back to that hole.

We had to bug out early though.

:)

CP

14. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I wondered why I didnt get that "I sho-done better'n you" phone call from ya, Chris. The cat's outta the bag now... oh wait.... you didnt bag any.

hahahaaa

mua-ha-ha-haa

(pinky to lip) MUA-HAHAHAHAAAA

I um... I didnt go fishing. I got all my homework done for the semester though in one of my classes and did my personal best on a sixer of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. I have no regrets...

Sorry to hear bout your bum luck fellas. Maybe better luck next time.

(Kutter, did you check his matching "Transformers" lunchbox/sippy cup cooler for bananas?)

Sal_jr

15. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    You guys crack me up.

16. 3dukmn

3dukmn New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dont take this wrong, as I am NOT glad that not many people did very well, but at least I know I wasn't alone.

If I'm not gonna catch many fish, at least I am in good company!!

Personally, I was starting to think that I wasn't living a good life or something! I was JUST ABOUT ready to go home and eat a bar of soap, and going back and trying it again. I figured at least if that didn't work to help me clean my act up a little, I would have been able to blow bubbles in the Hot Tub later!

17. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Wow, even *I* caught a few in Nebraska while I was there for the weekend. Nothing to write home about, but bluegill is a subspecies of flathead catfish, right? Right? Well, it should be.

While the debate of whether or not to consign bluegill into the ranks of catfish is an important one, I think the most important question is who won the "Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots" match between Sal and Woody? You know, the one depicted in Sal's avatar? My money is on Sal.

p.s. I could see Kutter's airborne boat all the way from Omaha. Looked like fun. But was the Immelman necessary? ;)

18. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI

Woody could not hold a candle to me in the rock-em-sock-em category. Partly because I am considerably larger,
    partly because he cant bring himself to look up long enough to dodge a punch, (and Ill holster the sicko kid-joke at this juncture),
    and partly because if I held a candle to woody, he would have melted. This photo was taken in Madam Tussaud's in New York.

I thought that the woody pic came out more realistic than the others, but I do have one with me and Fidel Castro, one with Gorbechav, one with Yassir Arafat, and one where I was peeling my wife off the Johnny Depp waxy-statue from Pirates of The Carribean that was snapped by a clerk in the museum. I am not casting the first stone, though, by golly... I will never be eligible for a vote to public office based solely on my actions invloving the waxy-goodness of Britney spears and the brass pole she was anchored to. To this day I still get misty whenever I see a tin of Turtle Wax in Auto Zone. (sigh)

Anyhow... whatever the conversation was... uh... back to that. I have to go. I have a thing in a place that needs a something or two.

19. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO

Figures...The only weekend I go out of town, and my fellow BOC'ers are fishing in my backyard:cry::cry: Kutter, next time your down this way, give me a shout. CP you too. I feel your pain when you said that the bugs were eating you alive. I was up at Mark Twain, and I've never seen so many mosquitos in all my life. It was almost unbearable to fish.:angry:

20. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I went out to Melvin Price last night with the little lady. We got there around 7:00 pm and fished for bait until around 8:30...she caught more fish than I did :confused2::roll_eyes::embarassed: Then we hit the river in the boat and she pulled the first catfish in to-boot! I was riggin' up the other poles and she pulled in the second and third fish as well! She made me sooo proud! She even set the hook and everything!

I finally boated a fish but after she had already landed three!

Oh well, no monsters but it was still fun,