7/17-7/18 Bartlett Report

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AzHeadHunter, Jul 18, 2009.

1. AzHeadHunter

AzHeadHunter New Member

State:
    Arizona
    We headed out to Bartlett around noon Friday. Caught bait and headed back to the River. Got into action after the monsoon came through. Got runs from sunset to sun up. Missed alot of runs but we manage to catch 4 flats smallest 9lbs to the biggest 16lbs. My son caught his fisrt flathead. :big_smile:

P.S. can any help me identify the dark fish in the middle of the picture? I'm thinkning it's a channel but looks very odd with the large rounded bones on his head compared to the other channels on the right.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Congrats,nice lookin fish!!:cool2:

3. cat-tracker

cat-tracker New Member

State:
    arizona
    Nice cats, the one in the middle looks to be a male channel, they have more of a boarder head. But to make sure it's not a blue, look at its anal fin, channel's are more rounded than blue's which has a more of a straighter fin. If you want to be more accurate you can count the anal fins, channel's has about 25-29 rays and blue's has 30-35 rays.
    By the way, did you catch that above Barlett lake in the river portion or in the lake itself.

4. vinny383

vinny383 New Member

State:
    gilbert,arizona
    nice catch! congrats to your son

5. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Congrats to you and your son for catching his first of many to come flatties. How far upriver did you go JD / was it farther up than where you have your boat beached in the picture? Thanks for the report

6. AzHeadHunter

AzHeadHunter New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Apache flats,

We caught all those fish on that beach. It was a good spot but lots of hang up's. Were you out there?

JD

7. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    thats so cool! what a great catch! I wish i could have stayed up there a day longer to hang with you guys. I'm gonna try to post a couple of pics of the nice channels we caught that morning! did you happen to find that cove with gills i told you about?

Attached Files:

8. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    the cat on the right is from a couple weeks ago in the same area. caught him on a bluegill

9. bodach

bodach New Member

State:
    KS Emporia
    Congo Rats on your sons :0a18:first Flat my he catch many more.

10. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    nice catch, congrats to your son on his flat.

11. AzHeadHunter

AzHeadHunter New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Gwillie,

Yeah thanks for the info. We had plenty of bait. Next moring we released about 15 gill that we didn't use.

12. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Is that beach that your at just above Blackrock?? I could be wrong but it looks familiar. Last time I went was in June and I am planning to go August the 20th. That cat that looks different is a male channel no doubt about it. I cant wait to get back to Bartlett:eek:oooh: