7/15 fishin'

Discussion in 'MINNESOTA RIVERS TALK' started by rushing, Jul 15, 2006.

1. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Was out last night fishing with some friends. Pretty humid but a beautiful night. The moon was bright. I only got one maybe 12lber. A couple of my friends just up shore from us got a 22lb & 25lb. I got snagged up a bunch of times. I was fishing in an eddy next to some wood.

2. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Wish you could have done better, but a 12# is a nice fish. At least you got out and had an enjoyable time on the water

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Those are some nice fish yall got brother, congrats on the catches.

4. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Rob,
    Have you heard if anyone has been getting anything in St Peter along the old bridge legs where the huge log jam is? Was thinking of heading down there tonight, and possibly heading to that spot, but if they havent been biting there, its a long hike back there for no fish.

They have been getting fish in St Peter back behind the Traverse De Souix by the holiday station. Not a very deep spot, but quite a few fish in there.

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I would certainly settle for a 12lber, They just haven't been biting good over here. Glad you caught one at least it kept the skunk off your back.

6. Gabowman

Gabowman Member

State:
    Georgia
    Them's some nice 'uns. I wished I knew where to go to catch 'em that size. Congrats.

7. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds to me like ya'll had a pretty good night. Congrats on the catch.

8. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Ryan - Thats where we were last night. Friends were up stream of the snag. It was a hot humid hike back in there with all our gear.

9. nuthinlikeacat

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Rob,
    I've heard of fish being caught off of the Kasota Boat landing...but nothing big. I had a chance to go down to Blakely and Belle Plaine to check out the river there, and there looks like some great spots to fish.

Although I have caught fish at the bridge legs in St Peter, it has always been hit and miss for me there. One night you will get some nice ones, the next night, nothing.

10. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Yeah we had been hitting the Kasota landing before everyone realized the river was down enough to fish back there. We were catching a bunch of little guys. Biggest maybe 15lbs. But its been getting hit real hard and the fish have kinda disapeared, but then again right now they have disapeared about everywhere. I woulda thought the spawn woulda been over by now with how warm the water has been for the past month but maybe they are still in it? I have seen a couple of fish caught in the past month or so with spawn marks. I lost alot of gear down at the old train bridge area the other night. My already dwindling supply of weights was all but exhusted that night. We poured 70lbs of lead yeasterday so my buddys and I should be good for about another 2 years.:lol:

11. nuthinlikeacat

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    yeah, the old bridge legs are hard on a persons tackle supply.We've always had luck at Kasota, but very few above 20 lbs. I would have to imagine they should be done spawning by now, but its hard to say. The fishing has slowed everywhere, from Judson to the cities. I didnt get out this past weekend....just had a helluva weekend, but am planning on heading out this Wed night. Its my B-day, so maybe I'll get lucky. From the way things look we are just going to hit the boat landing in St Peter. We dont usually get alot when we go there, but when we get one:big_smile:

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the catch!

13. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Happy B-day Ryan! Good luck tonight! :big_smile:

If you happen to decied you are gonna fish the old bridge pillers keep an eye out for a back pack and chair my buddy might have left out there. I am sure he would be very apreciative to anyone finding it for him.