7/11 & 7/12 Blue Cat Report.

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Katmaster Jr., Jul 13, 2007.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Haven't given a catfish report lately, just been busy and haven't caught any real big ones or anything. But here's a report for the past 2 days.....

7/11 - We got to the lake around 3:30am, went to the bait hole and caught plenty of shad in a couple throws, which was great since recently bait has been near impossible to catch for us. We were out drifting our spot around 4am, and up until around 5:30am they were biting great. My Dad got a nice 17 pound Blue, and we probably caught about 10 Blues in the 5 pound range. Between the times 5:30am-8am we continued to get a few of those 5 pound Blues, but it was ALOT slower, and around 8 it had completely shut off, couldn't even get a bite.

7/12 - we got to the lake just a little late, around 5:30am, fished until about 9am trying to get a fish, and didn't even catch one blue, we only got like 3 bites the whole time!!! However we made the trip the best we could by going around with the fishfinder trying to find some new spots, and we found one down by Gaston Dam, it's a creek with awesome structure, at the mouth of it, it goes from about 10ft deep to around 60 at one part!

So anyway, then we went to take the pontoon out and we were using a small truck since all of our vehicles are broke down....lol And we couldn't pull the boat out of the water because there were a bunch of rocks and stuff making the tires slide, and that boat ramp is already pretty bad because of the angle. There were other big trucks out there that were having trouble as well. So anyway, we parked the boat across the little cove there, and swam back to the ramp and called a friend for help, while we drove around looking for a better boat ramp close by and got some drinks and food, but our friend did not answer, and we ended up sitting in the hot sun until around 4pm!!! And then we still couldn't get help, we even offered some other people there $20 if they could help us get our boat out and they wouldn't, so we decided to try with our truck one more time....this time we went on the left side of the ramp, used a pine tree branch to rake the rocks off the ramp, let air out of the tires, and even put all of our anchors and heavy stuff in the back of the truck to get the tires to grab more, and it worked!

So anyway, here are a couple pictures, the 17lb Blue, and a picture of a 5lb I caught just so you can see the size of the ones we caught a bunch of.

Attached Files:

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Can't believe no one would help you Zakk. Thats too bad.
    I remember many years ago I had a old pinto car and towed my flat bottom to a local lake with a friend. After fishing all day the ramp was wet from people bringing in there boats. All that little car would do was spin the tires. I had them smoking after getting frustrated and with my buddy standing on the bumper and still not working I had him drive the car and I crawled back in the boat. Fired the motor up and romped it and it pushed us out....:big_smile:

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, everyone was busy I guess, we would help anyone though no matter what...anyway it sounds like you've definitely been in the same type situation that we are right now...lol

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice catfish!

5. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    That's disappointing that nobody would help out. Were any of them fishermen?

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hey Zakk - Glad to hear you got some Blue Cats. Too bad about the struggle to get the boat out. Sounds like you may need to get one of those vehicles up n running. I know thats easier said than done. I just dropped $600 into my ride for state inspection. There goes my cash supply for awhile.:roll_eyes: Keep them reports coming brother!

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah it was dissapointing, BUT, none of them were fisherman so that made me feel a little better.

Thanks, we are getting a new motor for the truck, and then going to try to get a Chevy to pull the boats with.:big_smile:

8. x575599

x575599 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks, we are getting a new motor for the truck, and then going to try to get a Chevy to pull the boats with.:big_smile:[/quote]

CHEVY!!! You must like sitting around boat ramps all day.:smile2: I'm sorry you couldn't get anyone to help you out, people are unbelievable sometimes. Nice pics though.

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC

CHEVY!!! You must like sitting around boat ramps all day.:smile2: I'm sorry you couldn't get anyone to help you out, people are unbelievable sometimes. Nice pics though.[/QUOTE]

Well considering all of the trucks and other vehicles we had so far that were pieces of junk were Ford, yes I think it will be a Chevy.:wink: Also, my Dad had one of those big Chevy vans with the big motor in it that was way older than the fords that broke down, and it didn't have ANY trouble until it rolled into the edge of the river....LOL.:crazy:

10. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Zakk, thanks for posting the pictures, but sorry to hear about your situation. It is shame that no one take the time to help. Glad it all worked out in the end.

Jaime

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks man, it's all working out now, can't have but so much bad luck I suppose.