7/10-11 Camping Trip Marion

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Swamp Angel, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Swamp Angel

Swamp Angel New Member

State:
    S.C.
    We decided at the last minute to make one more camping trip before football season. Hit Pine Island with the men of the immediate family Friday about noon and set camp. I first noticed how clear the water was. I was amazed because of all the rain we have had. We had a great time and the weather was good but the fishing was horrible. Pine Island has a great camping sandbar and good swimming for my 5 year old but the fishing is bad there for some reason. We soaked a dozen rods for two days with every assortment of bait known to man and managed one flat about ten pounds and about a dozen gar. I have to find a new spot. Mayfly hatch was on on Friday evening. Lake seemed to be less congested than normal. Good times with my boy and his uncle and grandpa.

2. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks for the report, glad you had a good time with the family...its always nice to spend time with your kid, whether or not the fish are cooperating...:big_smile:

3. there is a nice spot for camping behind(southside) of Island 16 on marion.
    Island sixteen is out from rock pond and It's a popular camping spot and theres good fishing from the sandy point. theres a nice steady slope from the beach w/ deep water w/in casting distance.Get there early to claim the spot whenever/if you go.

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Glad the 5 year-old wasn't eaten by a gator but sad to hear the fish didn't work with you.