7/02 trip

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by dinkbuster1, Jul 3, 2006.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nightprowler, myself, and another freind went on a trip last night where we were supposed to take a canoe to a secluded spot. well, the area we USED to put in at was bought up and closed off to the public so we went upstream to a park to put in only to find it has fallen to the "fear of the dark" syndrome. it closes at dusk now:sad2: after searching (and driving for 1-1/2hrs) we found an open spot at an area that gets pounded by the locals, this spot really gets slammed but we were desperate. we stayed till 2am and my freind mark only managed 3 dinks, a 3lb-5lb-16lb. after we got there there was a steady flow of folks stopping by to find that the area was filled up. one group of guys apparently takes every flattie they catch from there and a few nearby holes and puts them in a private pond (wont be going back there!)i am done with the flatties till mid month, this spawn is killin me! below are some pics. the hole, mark about to set the hook, and a baby barnswallow nightprowler saved from drowning.....

Attached Files:

• zz.gif
      zz.gif
      File size:
      99.6 KB
      Views:
    • zxz.gif
      zxz.gif
      File size:
      98.8 KB
      Views:
    • x.gif
      x.gif
      File size:
      108.3 KB
      Views:
  2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    here are a few more. the folks who got drunk and kept us entertained :lol: (they ended up getting in a fight and split), and Marks 16lb'er.

Attached Files:

• zzzz.gif
      zzzz.gif
      File size:
      133.1 KB
      Views:
    • zzz.gif
      zzz.gif
      File size:
      50 KB
      Views:

3. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Thanks for sharing Mike! Looks like a fine spot for a show. That's a mighty fine looking critter your friend caught too. At least you got to fish awhile. It's going to be tuff every where these next two nights.
    Don

4. Jebbie

Jebbie New Member

State:
    TN
    I'd love to live near a small river like that. I live close to the Missouri, and the only places you can get are over ran with people who don't care about the river and just leaves their trash, and a big mess behind them. Looks like you had a good time.