Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a 7/0 kahle hook going to be to much hook for channels and flattys in the 24 inch range
? I'm useing 6" gills and 6"-8" chubs. Should I bump down to a 5/0 ? Trying to find an all purpose hook for cats in thwe 24" to 36" range. -Thanks

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Channels are a nuisance sometimes, I use a 10/0 king khaled some times for flats, with big chunks of shad, I would venture a guess at how many 2 > 3 pound channels I get, the hook is usually sticking right out the top of their head! :curse:

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
Is a 7/0 kahle hook going to be to much hook for channels and flattys in the 24 inch range
? I'm useing 6" gills and 6"-8" chubs. Should I bump down to a 5/0 ? Trying to find an all purpose hook for cats in thwe 24" to 36" range. -Thanks
A couple weeks ago I ran into some 18" to 22" channels and flatheads. I was using 7/0 kahles and circles with bluegill heads and hooking them with no problem. Then early this week using the same tactics, I couldn't hook a fish but had at least a dozen bites. I don't know if they were smaller fish or what the problem was. Then I tried smaller pieces of bluegill fillet chunks, got some more hits and still couldn't hook them. Just thinking they could have been gar, but I didn't see any. I have caught blue cats in the same fishing hole near 40 lbs in the past.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.