69" Garcia

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by young fisher, Nov 24, 2007.

1. young fisher

young fisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    My dad recently gave me a ABU Ambassador from the 60's or 70's. If I put it up for sale. How much do you think it's worth? (by the way it's in out of the box condition)

2. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    If it was a reel my dad "used" and gave to me I would never sell it. Keep it and give it to your son some day.

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Ben,

I'm sure we all will say the same thing...save the reel. Your still young brother, and I'm willing to say that you would regret selling that reel. Honestly I would give it back to him for safe keeping. I know that when I was old enough to move out I ended up loosing a lot of stuff along the way...it just happens. As a catfishermen you might want to sit back and realize what you are selling.

Your choice buddy but I really hope you decide to keep it.

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Seems alot of people on here like them, so ya just might want to hang on to it. Why buy one down the line when ya got one already. I have some reels that I bought 25-30 years ago. Some I dont use anymore but wont get rid of them.

5. Crucial

Crucial New Member

State:
    Virginia Beach VA
    The "value" of the reel in money isn't going compensate for the value of the reel in nostalgia nor sentiment.

Put that reel on a rod and learn how to use it, it might just become a very special, "lucky" reel. Well all have a piece of gear like that.

6. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    If you sell that reel you will someday regret it. Someday you will value your dad's reel more than the money you could sell it for.

7. young fisher

young fisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    Im not going to sell it people, I was just wondering what its worth.

8. Crucial

Crucial New Member

State:
    Virginia Beach VA
    I'm sorry,
    Generally when someone says "if I put it up for sale" that insinuates an intention to sell.. haha :wink:

As for an actual value, you'd have to give some more information about the reel. Model number, unique features, color, the number on the bottom of the reel foot.. ect... some one could help you out with more info...

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am not sure but it might worth, something. The new Abu's run in the 77.95 to 150 dollar range.

10. Walsvault

Walsvault New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Google search it but yeah don't sell it