67*F and light showers good for catfishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Wickedbreed, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Wickedbreed

Wickedbreed New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Like the title says its 67 and scattered showers is this good cat weather?? I'm somewhat new to the forums so any help with weather is greatly appreciated!

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    in my opinion the best fishing weather would be rain,snow, sun,and anything inbetween!!!the best time would be either day or night!!!

3. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Wear a jacket, get some bait and have a blast.

4. Wickedbreed

Wickedbreed New Member

State:
    Indiana
    well i def think im gonna try it ....this is the first day off and home in a bit so i neeeeed to fish:)

5. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I have had real good luck. Fish with worms or liver. Near a creek where it empties or anywhere the water is entering. Last year we tore em up below a culvert. Cats thought it was a buffet. Just a hook and worm no weight. let the water pull the bait then pick up and repeat. Made for a nice fish fry.

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    The problem is the water is not going to be warm enough in your area yet.Im having the same problem here.Of course you could get lucky,i mean you never know until you try.Ive been out 7 times so far and not one cat,and ive tried every kind of bait you can think of.These cool temps and rain are killing us here so far,the water just wont warm up.But heck a bad days fishing is better then doing anything else,well almost anything else;) Good luck to you bro.

7. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    You silly, silly boy. Anytime is a good time to catfish. Did you have a brian freeze or what. We are going to have to educate you all right. :p :rolleyes:

8. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    yea well not everytime is the best weather but it doesnt stop me from going out! who cares if you catch 100 or 0 as long as you get out of the house you cant complain. now its alot funnier if you lad 100 nice cats but its all good if you dont.

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Its good fishing in the rain.

10. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    try to find draainage running into your lake , river or stream . i would rather fish in a lite rain than anything else i know.

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Rain, hail, sleet or snow... go fishing. Heck, you stop to think about it, the fish are all ready wet. So, what's holding you back.

12. adeeden

adeeden New Member

State:
    Illinois
    what are you waiting on, if your wasting time you obviously aren't fishing!!!!

13. Wickedbreed

Wickedbreed New Member

State:
    Indiana
    took everyones advice did some fishin this weekend caught a couple carp and a big ass gar!!! still no cats for me this yr....just got a new job workin 50 + hrs weekly so itll be takin some of my time but not all of it looks like i will be fishin some more

14. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    The question really is do you think its worth it to be out there whether you catch fish or not in that weather... if the answer is yes and no (yes to catch, no to not catch) then go out... if its no and no then go out, if its yes and yes then go out... hmmmm maybe i should have just said go out there and get your line wet... as long as its of no danger to you (the weather) and you have the time, get out there and fish, thats what i do...