6600bcx

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by SGTREDNECK, Jul 25, 2009.

1. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Anyone have anything good to say about the 6600 BCX or 5600BCX? I have never used one or known anyone to use these. Thanks Andrew

2. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have the 6600 and its just now a year old. Damn good parts reel.:eek:oooh:

3. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have one and am planning to get another everyone talks bad about them but mine works good. I think it is a great reel i have it a ugly stick catfish edition and love the rod and reel.:big_smile:

4. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the input i may just have to get one and see how i like it. Andrew

5. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    back when i had mine i land'd a 40lb flathead cat on mine and it did a great job

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Seems to have a good rating but each to their own. You'll have to get one an see if it suites you which I am sure it will good luck,,,

7. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i got a pair of them from varmint sniper here and couldnt be a bigger fan. I down sized...i used to have EB65 okuma spinning reels and yes the okumas could handle more BUT Im still a BIG fan of the 6600s....Ive heard a bunch of bad stuff but have yet to find a flaw in my used ones lol

8. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have got one it is not bad. I don't like how some of the parts that are metal on some of the other reels are plastic. I matched mine with a heavy action bass pole and use it for channels and it seems to work fine. I think almost any reel can handle most fish if you have enough line and the drag is set correctly it just may take some time. I would not want to try to horse a flatty in with that reel though.

All and all I kinda wish I had passed on this reel. It is not bad but for the price difference I wish I would have just got a 6500 c3 or something similar.