6'6 Xtra Heavy Daiwa Beefstick fishing rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by TA2D, Apr 3, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    What is everyones thought on this beast? I might get ahold of one of these bad mamma jamma's for a reasonable price. Just have some questions for anyone who would know, is this a casting rod?, what would be a good reel for this(if it is a casting, I have access to an old Penn No. 65)? should I mount this in a pickup bed and start a wrecker service?

TA2D

Aaron

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Careful, you may rip the head right off the fish...:)

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I was hoping someone could answer your question that had the rod that you were talking about.What I looked up stated that the Penn 65 was rated for 30 lb.line.I do have a Daiwa Beef Stick EB701MHR.It is rated for 1-5 oz.and 15-50 line weight.I have a Penn 345 GTI spooled with 600 yds. of 30 lb mono.,mounted on it.The reel is also rated for 375 yds.of 50 lb.line.My son has a identical rod with a Mitchell Riptide 4/0 GL,spooled with 50 LB.line.He loves his.I have not used mine.I doubt that you have been forgotten.Most likely no one has the answer you sought.Best of luck.peewee-williams

4. torment_hack

torment_hack New Member

State:
    california
    Ive got two beefsticks... they are 7' med/hvy and rated for 17-40 i think...these rods are tough... and i got them both for 35 dollars on ebay...i actually like them better then my tiger rod...best rod for the money ive found!!