Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new friend got with me and MADE me take him fishing on Saturday. The wind was biting and so were the fish. By the time the whoopin' and hollerin' calmed down in the back seat, Wesley was up 4-0 and had to be threatened. He caught his personal best blue cat at 17 pounds and 34", and then topped it with a 19 pound, 35-1/2 incher! By now the boat had started to take on water and we had to run the bilge pump most of the day. I'm still chasing that problem. We finally tied at 6-6 when the monster hit my skipjack. All I could say was "BIG fish - BIIIG Fish" , and then the reel must have broken a gear. It would pop and spin free and I could gently get it to catch again only to have it do it again - time after time. Meanwhile the fish wasn't having any pity on me and had me sure it would either break off when the drag hung up on one of it's runs or the reel would completely give out. Amazingly, I babied the fish up to the boat and my netman about passed out on me! I guess he's never seen a 66 pound, 50 inch catfish up close and personal before. He quickly revived and did a great job of netting the fish. Two other friends were nearby and cheering me (or maybe the fish) on during the fight. I picked the fish up for pictures and immediately fell down, luckily not into the water but onto my butt - to peals of laughter from BOTH boats! And to add insult to injury, while we were taking pics, the cat slapped me in the back of the head with its tail 3 times and about knocked me out - again to the entertainment of my ??friends??. Fishing was kind of slow after that, but we had a great day and some great fish!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I caught this one pretty much in the same place as a 55 pounder last Monday - on Chickamauga Lake near Chattanooga, TN. Looks like the big ones are starting here again!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Congratulations on another monster blue Eric. You're going to have to get an appointment book to keep up with all the people wantin' to go fishin' with you.

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
DAD! When are you going to listen to MOM and take me fishing?:confused2:

This isn't the first time I've had to bring it up either.:roll_eyes:

Congrats again DAD!

Your long lost SON, SkipEye!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.