65hp Mercury motor

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by Raven Blayde, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    This is a late 60's-early 70's model, 65hp Mercury motor 4 cylinder. I ran the motor last year when I got it and it ran good, but reverse did not work. Eventually, the prop began spinning at high speeds, so I replaced it with a new one. Motor began bogging and dying at low speeds after that, but would fly down the river once I got the speed up on it. I ended up buying another boat and let this one sit this year. Last time I fired it up was in the spring to make sure it still ran (and it did). Asking $250 for the motor. Have a picture of the motor on my profile page "motor for sale". You can PM me if interested or have any questions. Thanks!

2. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    $175??? I really need to move this thing.

3. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Does this motor come with all the controls? I would be replacing a 50 hp Johnson Hydro-electric drive with it.

4. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Controls not included, just the motor itself. I'm using the controls on my other boat right now or else I'd let them go with it. Heck, I'll take $150 if someone will come get this thing. I took the motor off and put the boat in my garage as a project. The motor is hanging from my engine lift and in the way.

5. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    man I wish you were in ga I sure would take it off your hand just so I can have parts for mine

6. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Let me check around and see what controls would cost. And figure what it would cost for me to make a trip after it and so forth. If you still have it then I will see what we can do. May be a bit before I can do anything depending on what it will cost me.

I might be better off taking what I have to someone that could fix it for me.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  7. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    You got a title on the motor?

8. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sure don't. Here in Ky, we just get boat titles. I've never had or seen a title on a motor since I've lived in this state.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.