6500C3 Problem

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by scout, Dec 11, 2007.

1. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hello everyone. I am having a problem with one of my 6500's. It is only a few years old. Whenever I push the button to release the spool it does not come back up when I engage the handle. If I pull it up with my figernail it will come up and engage but it will repeat the problem when the button is pressed. Has anyone had this problem?

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Scout, spray some WD-40 into the slot and that will take care of it for awhile. It is best that you get somebody to clean it and lube it up.

3. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    i would take the ends off and give it a good lube job with reel magic or something close to that. u may have a piece of sand or dirt thats giving u the problem. spray all the moving parts and work them and spray again .

4. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Active Member

State:
    North Dakota
    I would start with above. You also may find your spring fell off or is damaged. If that is the case I would take it to a reel shop for a complete cleaning, lube and tune up. Should me no more than $25 and you will have the reel for many years to come.

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    sounds like a spring problem if its not tring to come back at all with or without help.

6. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks for the advice fellas, I will give it a try.:006: