6500?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by kingdawes, Aug 16, 2007.

1. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    what by the opinion of the boc is the best abu 6500 model

2. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    i have only ever used one kind myself and that is the c3 but i think that is probably the most popular. sorry i couldnt tell you anymore.

3. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The 6500cs Pro Rocket.

4. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have to agree with Dave again. The rockets seem to be the cadilacs of the 6500s. However, you won't get a bad one in any of em. I've got several of the ultru cast, or round side ones, and prefer the double knob reels like the rockets the best. It's easier to adjust the tension knob on the left side instead of trying to get my big fingers in the cramped spaces on the right side with the star drag and handle in the way.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I have 3 of the C3's and love them. I've never had a problem with them and use them pretty hard!

6. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    Abu 6500C3CT Blue Yonder

7. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I forgot about the Blue Yonder. I have never used one, but I have heard they are very nice. I have only used Squidders and Newells with no level winds. I assume the Blue Yonder you mentioned has no level wind.

8. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    The Blue Yonder has a true CT frame without the levelwind. I still have two squidders left . . . reliable reels.

9. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I can't use a CT unless someone is there to untie or cut my thumbs out of the spool!:cool2:

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Its a very nice reel.

11. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Abu 6500 c3 is what I use.

12. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    thanks everybody for your input. Looks like the tally says c3. I didn't even know about the blue yonder.

13. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    I have 4 6500c3 its a great reel

14. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You won't go wrong with it and it will last you for years. I've got one I've been using for over 15 years and still works like it was new.

15. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    well I have a 6500 c3 on order. Thanks for everybodies input. I will probably mount it on a 8' ungly stick with power pro 65#. It should be pretty sweet.
    This is kinda off the subject but would my 12' meat hunter better suit the 6500 c3 or the 7000ic3?

16. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Both reels work fine on the meathunter. It depends on how heavy of line I want to use, (I use mono). If I'm just using the 20lb big game, I will usually use the 6500. If I'm going with heavier line to throw heavy weights in heavy current, I'm using the 7000. I also use the bigger reels for snagging spoonbill also since they hold more of the bigger line.