6500 price?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by jboy434, Jul 25, 2007.

1. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    i just wanted your opinions on what is too much to pay for a used 6500.

thanks

2. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    $50 is the most I would pay if it is in good condition.:008:

3. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    $50 is the most I would have to buy it for you,if it was in was in good condituon.:0a6::0a23:We know who is BOSS:boss:

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I might give him 40 bucks!

5. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    I would say 50 to 60

6. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    $40 bucks with shipping

7. littlebigman

littlebigman New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    i would pay 50 if it was in good condition. you could just buy a new one for about 60 dollars.

8. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    $28 refurb at the berkley outlet last week. They aren't THAT durable that a used one is a rockin deal unless it is 1/2 price.

9. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Where can you buy a new 6500 for about 60 dollars? If you know of a place, please let me know. I would buy several at that price. I sure haven't found any for that kind of money.

10. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I know thats thats right.:misdoubt: For $60 I'd have to buy a few myself.:0a23:

11. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Are you saying the 6500 is not that durable of a reel? I always thought just the opposite,I thought that they were a very durable reel. Sure seems like they are a very popular reel,for not being very durable.JMO

12. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think the 60 dollar reel littlebigman was refering to is the 6000 at Wal Mart, they're about 60.00. The 6500 C3 is about 85 to 90 dollars. If you're not concerned about the looks of the reel, just get the 6000, replace the spool bushings with bearings, and you've got a 6500. cheaper that way.

13. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    i got 2 6500 cl3's plus a zebco catfish stik from a guy for $110. they didnt have the box or papers with them but they look new. he said they had never even had line on them. i am very pleased with them. hopefully i will get to try them out soon.

14. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Glenn they have them on Ebay all the time brand new for 50 - 60 bucks, usually 5bucks or so shipping. And yes its the 6500 that Im talking about:tounge_out:

15. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    6500 durability....I have a 6500 that I bought new in 1994 or 95. It has been used in saltwater and freshwater. I have caught reds, trout, cats, stripers, etc with it and it still functions fine. Durablility of any reel has a lot to do with how it is cared for.

16. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I have 3-6500C3 reels and would not take $50 apiece for any of them. They are VERY durable. Cathooker and I were talking about 6500's on Saturday and believe that they are the 30-30 of the cat reels. Most everybody has one and they will get the job done in all but the most extreme circumstances.

Cheez

17. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    there are different models too. The 6500 c3 is about 80 bucks. The 6500 black max is a little over 50 at academy's. Then you have the trophy hunter for around 100 dollars. It depends on what model it is before a value should be placed on it.:eek:oooh: