6500 CS Pro

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by bedbug jr, Aug 21, 2009.

1. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just ordered a new 6500 CS Pro Rocket this afternoon and while I've used Abu's for years this is a new on to me. Would like opinions as to what you think of them. Stay safe and good fishing!!!:wink:

2. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I have the Catfish Pro Rocket that Catfish C. has for sale and I love mine. Some will tell you all the units are the same just different end plates and colors but to me the unit is smoother casting and reeling. You will not be disappointed at all.

3. bigd4xman

bigd4xman New Member

State:
    Haysville, KS
    I've been drooling over one of these reels since I picked up the Catfish Insider for this year and saw the ad for them. Thinking that one of these and a rod from The Rod Shop in KC or a big water ugly stick is going to be my Christmas present to myself this year.

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I ordered another Team Catfish 3/4 ton rod to put it on along with 300 yd spool of 80# Tug-O-War. Now if I can just get the big 'uns to cooperate:smile2::smile2: Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

5. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have used the 6500 and 7000 Pro Rockets for a couple of years now with absolutely no problems. I also use a 6500c3 and the Pro Rocket will outcast the c3 everytime without question. I only bank fish and have caught a lot of blues up to #50 with them. If you like a long and smooth casting reel, use will have no complaints with your Pro Rocket. I use #65 Power Pro on both reels. I hope you like yours as much as I have enjoyed mine. Good luck.

6. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Congrats, Can't go wrong with that set-up!!