6500 C3 or TCCF

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Terry Day, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    I looked at both of these today at Cabelas. They have two of each which is what I want to buy.

Does anyone know the difference between the C3 ($72.95) and the TCCF ($79.99)? The TCCF has a power handle on it but the star drag does not look like it would be as easy to adjust while fighting a big ole cat.

The clerk said that the TCCF is a discontinued item and that they can not and will not get any more.

Also, what kind of line should I use to fish the MO River? Braided or Mono?

Any ideas?

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    price diference is probably due to the handle, if its being discontinued id say a lot of other people had the same drag issues you spoke of.

3. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    The TCCF is a C4 with a slightly lower gear ratio - 5.3:1. The power handle is a VERY good improvement. The paddle handles stink when it comes to cranking in heavy weight and large fish.

/Scott

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have both of those reels, and prefer the TCCF..Just because of the handle.

5. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    i have both as well well actually a few of both.
    personal expereince go with the tccf longer cast and smoother retreive. and 7 dollars difference thats not bad where i get mine they are 20.00 more. good luck in your decision

6. Vacatfisher

Vacatfisher New Member

the tccf should have a levelwind bearing if i am correct...which will allow longer casts.....

7. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I have both and just added a power handle to the one.

8. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Thanks to all who responded. Looks like I'll be strongly considering the TCCF.