6500 c3 help

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by jarhead, Feb 17, 2009.

1. jarhead

jarhead New Member

State:
    ohio
    hi everyone just got my first bait caster 6500 c3 silver n gray but can not figure out how to use the clicker do u just flip the bar on the left or do u push the free spool button first seems to work both ways but just fliping the bar seems to make it click harder and is there n adjustment for the clicker first bait caster first reel with clicker sorry if this sounds stupid i just dont want to mess up a reel of ths price

2. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    I only have mine on when "waiting" for the bite. I always turn mine off when casting and reeling in. Hope this helps.

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    The clicker is an independent function from everything else,, It's either on or off,,
    As posted,, usually when casting, or reeling in, most leave, or turn it "off"..
    It won't hurt the reel to have it on, but, will slow your cast down if on, and will click when reeling in,, but, won't hurt the components of the reel if you do leave it on..
    There's no adjustment to them as far as I know,,,
    But, it sure sounds nice, when it goes off after you have your bait in the water, and are waiting for a fish to take the bait!!!!!

4. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    I would have to disagree as the warranty states that misuse voids the warranty.

Here is what the booklet that comes with the reels say's

"The simple on-off slide switch engages an audible alarm to alert the angler that line is moving from the spool. Most useful when trolling or still fishing Alarm must be disengaged when casting and should also be released when retrieving line or fighting gamefish."

IMO it might not hurt the reel if you kept it on every once in a while however over time It might.

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    you can turn it on with or without the button pushed doesnt matter if it seems hard to turn on turn the spool a little bit to line it up better. i would NOT recomend casting with it on, when reeling on a fish turn it off as soon as you get a chance, when retreving turn it off first. as far as setting clicker tention you have two options the casting break with the button in or the drag with the button out. if you turn the clicker on before pushing the button it will keep you from accidently letting a bunch of line out in current and backlashing. if there isnt too mutch current you can tighten the cast control knob to keep the spool from turning (dont forget to reajust before your next cast) if not......plan b. engage the reel loosen the drag.

6. jarhead

jarhead New Member

State:
    ohio
    i guess what i dont understand is how to properly ingage the clicker do u just push the bar up and thats it or push the bar up and push the free spool button

7. jarhead

jarhead New Member

State:
    ohio
    and thanks everyone for being patient with me im sure this qeustion isnt the most interesting

8. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    If you want the fish to be able to run with the bait, causing the clicker to sound and alert you to that fact, you need to:

1. Push the bar up to engage the clicker, then push the button to leave the spool dis-engaged from the gearing (free spool).

2. When the fish takes the bait and runs, the reel is in free spool with the clicker sounding off the fact.

3. Then I put my thumb on the spool to prevent a backlash, turn off the clicker, and turn the handle to engage the gears.

Don't cast with the clicker on or reel a lot with the clicker on, it will cause it to wear out prematurely.

9. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    I prefer not to take the clicker off until I have engaged the spool, helps to keep the line tight to the spool and from the start of a big mess :wink:

10. jarhead

jarhead New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks chris thats the exact answer i was looking for

11. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    i don't exactly know what bar you're talking about. to engage the clicker you don't have to do anything but slide the switch thats on the left hand side of your reel (if your reel is standard - being you reel with your right hand). just slide that up and anything that spins your reel should make a click. if you're not hearing it something is wrong with the clicker