Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea buddy, quite a surprize when that galon jug disappeared for 30 seconds at a time ! Thought I had a big flathead and wow was I ever surprized --- a 65 lb needle nose gar , 6 1/2 feet long , and nearly 7 inches between the eyes .
Lake Greeson in southwest Arkansas on the Little Missouri has some dandies in it . I think either same day or the next I landed a 35 pounder and called it "Junior" .
Perch work as well as anything for a fresh bait down here .
Big waves and happy fishin
Joe

·
Registered
365 Posts
My dad caught a gar that was upward to 40 pounds one time and he fought it all the way to the boat and then that puppy jumped out the water and clear to the other side of the boat and after about ten minutes of fighting he got it in. Pretty weird to see the fish jump over my head.

·
Registered
625 Posts
That could have easily been a world record... or else it was a longnose/alligator hybrid. They get that big and have the skinny nose with a little fatter head. 7" sounds pretty wide for a longnose.

I want a picture!!:crazy:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I have to agree, 7" between the eyes sounds like a gator gar to me...where's the pic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.