65 hp Mercury outboard motor

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by Raven Blayde, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have a 65hp Mercury motor that was last ran earlier this year. I bought it last year (on an older boat) and used it till I bought my new boat this year. When I got the motor, it ran good except for reverse not working. The prop on the motor started slipping at higher speeds, so I threw it away and bought a brand new one. Bad thing was that the new prop I put on this motor (17 inch pitch) caused it to bogg down and die at low speeds, but I was still able to use the motor to go fishing. Once I got the boat moving at a decent speed, it would fly down the river like a rocket. Can't remember right off the top of my head what year this motor is, but I believe it is a later 60's model. The carbs were also rebuilt on this motor shortly after I got it, so those are in good shape. I ran the motor earlier this year, but have since taken the cables and control unit off of the old boat to use on my newer one. Asking $500 for the 65hp motor. If anyone is interested in the whole boat (1970 15ft fiberglass Supercraft), I'll let the boat, motor and trailer go for $650. I'm located in Frankfort Ky. Thanks

2. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Got any pics of the whole boat? Will help you to sell quicker!

3. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the suggestion! Will do that tomorrow (it's getting dark now).

4. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I got 4 pictures of the boat, motor and trailer taken and uploaded today. You can find them on my profile . Thanks

5. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    How about $350 for the motor, or $500 for everything?

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    where do you live at in ky.

7. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I pretty sure he's from FRANKFORT,KY.

8. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Nice boat! If I was in Kentucky and had the 500.00 then I would take it! It is worth it as far as I can tell. If you still have it if I get the cash then we will see about it. But don't hold your breath as money is tight without a job!

9. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yeah, I'm in Frankfort. This is one of those deals where it's A nice boat for a "Fixer Upoper", but I really don't need it since I got my newer boat. If someone can use it, it's here for the taking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.