"65 ford f 150 vin number

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by slimepig, Jan 2, 2007.

1. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    bound ta be someone out there that has an old ford pickup.
    my son in law just bought one for $30 and we cant find the vin number anywhere. any ideas where it would be, and what the number looks like? I know its not a 13 digit number like it is now.

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Look on the fire wall right above the master cylinder.

3. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    I had a 65 ford f150 and it was inside the door on the cab.I also had a 65 f100 and it was on the door inside the cab and also on the dash looking out the windshield. It might be on the fender wells under the hood to. Hope this helps

4. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    It should be on the driver's side door, just below the latch. It will be held on with 2 rivets, If you see 2 holes there the V.I.N. tag is GONE:angry:

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I'm glad you guys came along because you got my brain to turning and the only ones that used the fire wall for that was when amc was building the jeeps on chevy chasies. Trucks that is.

6. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    It got my memory going also, I rembered that it had Chevrolet involved somehow but not a full blooded Chevrolet:roll_eyes:

7. 390fe

390fe New Member

State:
    Creston, Iowa,
    The vin number will also be stamped into the top flange of the passenger side frame rail just ahead of the crossmember. It may be hard to find, but it'll be there. Edit: Just ahead of the front axle.

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've got a '59 f100 and the VIN is on the drivers side doorjamb but its on the hinge side near the top hinge

9. Winkstr

Winkstr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Some 1980 Vins are 17 numbers/letters long but all 1981 and newer are 17 numbers/letters long. The 10th letter/number indicates the year on 1981 and newer. Not sure of the older ones, sorry I coud not help.