600 a Person,1200 a Couple+300 a Kid Whoopee

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by oh no, Jan 24, 2008.

1. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats what the government is going to give us back to try and stimulate the economy. Supposed to come in May. LOL LOL

Well how is everyone going to spend that windfall?? LOL I just might take an extra trip to KY Lake. Crutchers store and Pigley Wigley in Dover will get some extra business. Food, fish bait and fuel, there goes my windfall. lol lol

:smile2::tounge_out::smile2::eek:oooh::smile2::big_smile:

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I dont know bout you, but I aint countin chickens till there hatched. I got this thing about makin plans with money I aint got yet, seems everytime I do something comes up and snatches it right out of my hand. No kiddin, everytime. If I made plans for that money, sure as the day is long, I would go out and find I got 4 flat tires on the truck, the washer would take a crap and in doing so ruin $600.00 worth of carpet. You get the point. I trick fate, make it think I'm on the way to the bank to deposit my newfound windfall into the savings for a rainy day, then whipp into the Gander Mountain parking lot, jump out of the truck as it skidds into a parking space, run in (pitty those who block my path) and get rid of the green before fate has a chance to realize what day it is. :wink:

3. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    LOL LOL Thats why I said I might take an extra trip to KY Lake. It's funny because this is an election year. Every thing has to be great in an election year. lol The goverenment does not want to admit that were just about in a ressesion, so they will just about give away the farm, to make things look rosey this year. Then raise all our taxes next year to make it up, lol lol .

4. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    All I can say is if I ever see it BASS PRO HERE I COME.

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Let's just hope this really happens. It's not set in stone yet.
    Me+Wife+4 kids=?$
    :roll_eyes:

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Problem is it's supposed to help our economy and most of the stuff we buy will be fresh off the boat from overseas, sending our economic recovery their way - oil/gas from the middle east, most of the gear made in China, etc:smile2:

Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, I'm in the middle of this boat project, I can use every dime that comes my way:wink:

7. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota

8. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    HOT DANG
    Maybe I should order up some fancy finger sandwiches and the dom.:eek:oooh:

9. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I will buy gas. I'm sure it will cost much more by May.

10. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    What I want to know is that if my EX is going to get the extra cash since she claimed my son last year. I get to claim him this year. So do we both get the extra for kids or does she? Man I HATE her!
    I would use it to go for a Honda ATV.

11. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    get insurance for guiding

12. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    pay some bills, and hopefully convince momma to let me get another BOC hat and a BOC shirt

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'll just wait an see if I even get it. Then It will prob go on Ruth's truck but might as well try to get Debt free before things get any worse.

14. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Its better than nothing at all. If it helps you great if not then send your check to me Ill PM you with my address if needed :big_smile:

15. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    They tried this in the 80s I believe and most people paid bills. So there was not much of a affect. I think mine will go in the bank. Why help the communist Chinese?
    Bill

16. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I hope I will actually see a refund this time. The last time they said that I know some people got a check ..but I didn't . I forget what the reason was. I think if things continue to slide downward ...I might need it just for survival money.

17. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Our temporary windfall from Uncle Sam. Given any thought how long it will take Uncle Sam to get it back?

Married couples will receive $1,200 and this will be taxable income and will be taxed at variable rates. Lets just pick a rate of 25%, already you owe the gov. $300 in taxes at the end of the year, plus $60 to the state if you live in NC. Say you spent it on whatever. The person receiving it will most likely make a profit of 45% or $540 which is taxable or $162, which they will pay to the gov. Money turns over a bunch of times, but lets assume that it does it six times. That would be $2,752 paid to the gov. at the end of the year. This does not take into consideration, sales tax, Corp. taxes and the tax that your city or county will charge you for home improvements, etc. But, if you save it, you only pay taxes on the $1,200 at the end of the year, plus taxes on the interest that it has made. Thus, the gov. loses if the funds are saved and not spent, but they more than double up if you spend your windfall.

18. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    It was also done in 2001, look if this helps you great if not (which I cant see more money not helping you) then put it in your savings account. It will only help the Chinese if you buy products made in China, look for something built in the USA. Personally I dont care its more money in my pocket which it wont last cause I need to get hardwood floors so mine is spent already. If we dont get it Ill get my floors either next year at tax time or bonus (hopefully)

19. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio

Right now as it stands the money will not have to be claimed as income so you will not be taxed on it.

20. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    whoopee is right if we do get it we will be lucky and i can fill my truck and my wifes up six times & maybe get acup of coffee ,oh i forgot that leaves 10.00 for boat gas ,hope i dont loose any hooks !!!!!!!!!:confused2::smile2: