60 lb. blue catfish caught in Ohio River

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by o'boro cat hunter, Oct 24, 2009.

1. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Went out with my boy this morning caught 117 lbs :smile2:in 5 fish,from 60lbs:big_smile: to 14lbs.What a great day,really starting to like this Fall fishing.

Attached Files:

2. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    good job. tell me u threw it back????:angry: im gna go out early tomorrow. dnt worry i wnrt fish your spot. lol owensboro usually fires up this time of yr but really so does everywhere else. enjoy it cause those hogs wnt be there in another month or two

3. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks Jody and yes he was CPR and let go.And yes you can fish my spot if you want i got a feelin theres afew more around.

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    what makes you say that? in a month or 2 is when it gets reallly good for me..

5. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    Hey Adam,you guys catching fish up your way???

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Those are some real good looking fish! Congrats and good luck in the future

7. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    good fish! going in the morining hope we get some good fish its not been to good in louisville since the water went back down from the rain we had a couple weeks back

8. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    way to go bro.. give me something to look forward to next weekend.
    adam what jody meant is that area is very hard to fish in the winter. 10 oz won't hold bottom there. and it very hard to hold anchor there.

9. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Man, what a catch! We're heading to the Ohio in southern Indiana next week. Curious as to what you caught them on? I've got skip jack and Secret 7 to try and maybe bluegill if I get the chance to set traps. I bet that was quite a battle.

10. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    Caught that bad boy on that catfish candy!!!!!! The almighty Skipjack,hope that helps.Had me shaking from head to toe,it was and Awesome 25min fight.What a rush.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  11. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Really appreciate the info. I hope one of these days I get the chance to tie into a big one. The last time we were down there, I hooked into one that felt like I had hooked a log. He buried the rod and when I tried to bring him up it wouldn't even move. Then the hook came loose. What a bummer! We caught a couple blues around 7 lbs. and 3 smaller channels. Even those that size are fun to catch.

12. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    I cannot tell you how happy I am for you. What a catch that must have been. Man, I would have give a month's worth of paycheck to see the look on your face !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great feeling to land that hog must have been !!!!!!!!!!!:tounge_out:

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats Aaron on your awesome catch. Nice Big Blue.

14. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Congats on the good fishin Aaron looks like you boys a a great time..:wink:

15. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Great fish Aaron, nice pics, how deep was he caught bud? Reps!!!

16. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yea adam its hard to fish that spot but also i dnt think its a spot that will hold winter blues. its not real deep, its not a hole, and there isnt any structure. but heck i might be wrong. it is a heck of a fall spot but winter time i just believe most will be deeper than 30 ft when there are 50 ft holes and some nice 40 ft with alot of structure. but heck maybe able to land a bigger one in that spot in the winter.

17. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    nice fish bro:big_smile:

18. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nice day on the water man. give it another month. it only gets better :big_smile:

19. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    caught in 45 foot of water.Alot of blues in that area right now for some reasons,and I'm LOVING IT.:smile2::smile2:

20. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    great day of fishing ( just doesn't get any better) I guess it would if you won a million dollars with those fish. great day!!!!!!!!!