60+ bass today!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by EricM, May 17, 2007.

1. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    Couldn't find the cats again today so I put about 150 threadfin shad in my bait tank and went for post-spawn bass. I ran out of shad and had to go net about 50 more! My best estimate is that I caught 60-70 largemouth bass, most in the 2 to 4 lb range. My thumb got so raw from lipping them that I had to put a glove on one hand! They were staging in a couple of specific areas and were stacked up in big schools in about 30 feet of water! AQs I was getting ready to quit, a deer swam past me crossing the Tennesse river, and it's wide there! Great day!

Attached Files:

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Good job Eric, that works just fine if you can't chase the cats.

3. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    This time of the year I need to find an alternative to the cats. According to the water temps they're probably spawning and just can't be found for a while. The bass fill that void nicely for a very short time as they come off of the beds and stack up for a little while.

4. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    so what type of spots are they stacking up at?

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :Good Job Eric"!

I got to amit - I love my Bass fishing (When I'm not Cattin' of corse :0a14: )

And 60+ Bass is good in anybodys book! :wink:

Take it easy,
    Bert & Shania

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Wow! That is one good day of Bass fishin'!:cool2:

7. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    The bass in the river are staging where the bottom rises out of 55' and crosses underwater humps and ridges that rise to 25 feet, then drop off again. The ridges connect to the top edge of the channel, so they are leaving the shallow flats and following the ridges out to deeper water. Most of the fish were taken in front (upstream) of the humps, with a few on the top and on the downstream drop. I was fishing the bottom while slow drifting across the humps. Hope this helps!

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice bass, I love bass fishing myself.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Eric thanks for sharing your bass fishing trip with us. When you lipping figures get raw, you know its been a good trip.:lol:

10. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    gotta admit im a lil bit jealous.