6 new rod holders coming Were to put on Bass tracker

Discussion in 'MONSTER ROD HOLDERS' started by GrandpaGoneFishing, Aug 9, 2009.

1. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I ordered 6 Monster rod Holders Friday. 3 - 45s and 3 -0s. I mostly fish for cats but I like to troll also. I'm still new to boating got a bass tracker 175 txw and wanted to ask for some advise on placements. Thanks for any advise.
    :0a22:​

2. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    You will want to mount those rod holders where they will benefit your style of fishing. If you are anchoring for cats, (anchoring front and back) you might want to put the 45's in the back. Just remember a lot of cat boats, mine included, have a bar across the back to keep the rod holders raised up and easier (and safer) to get to when picking up on a rod.
    I think your boat is set up like a decked bass boat. If so, you probably wouldn't want to mount the back holders on the back or even close to the very back on the sides, as you will be bending down to pick up a rod....which might be unsafe if the boat rocks to the side. I have known of people falling or slipping out of boats when bending down to pick up rods mounted too low to the deck.
    Maybe you could mount the "back" holders closer to the driver and passenger seats, so you could be standing in the bottom of the boat when picking up the rods.
    Hope this helps....keep us posted

3. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Very good point chris, Had not thought of that. Reps to ya

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    My old boat has a rod rack on the back but i blew it up.:embarassed: I'm trying to finish the floor covering in a 18 foot cajun bassboat as we speak. It has a big flat deck on the rear the same as most bass boats and i'm planning on putting my rod bar in it. may have to modify it some or build another but it'll have a rack. If i bass fish i can take it out or just work around it.

5. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would suggest to go out and fish a few times without them. You will find yourself saying "Man I wish there was a rod holder right here". It is amazing how often something that seems like a great place in theory is not as great once you get out there.

6. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    I have a 16ft bass tracker and I fish out of both front and back along with both sides of the boat. I have a total of 6 different locations on my boat for the rod holders. I also have a rod rack on the back that is removable with 4 more rodholders on it. We use the rod rack when we fish the Ohio river or anywhere where the current is strong. If the current isnt strong then we use all of the deck mounted rodholders with 6 rods out and the boat positioned in spots to hit every hole or stump field we can. You will find out quickly that you will want a lot of rodholders. Good luck, hope this has helped.

7. Jack Herber

Jack Herber New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    I agree. You can't have too many potential holders. I have a Tracker 185 and I had to go out and count mine. I have 8 on each side (total of 16). I use the flush mount kind so they aren't in the way when not in use. I gotta tell you though, it is really tough to drill that first hole in your boat but it gets easier.

8. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    If you river fish, you will want them on a rack in the back or if you drift forward in a lake, then you will want them on a rack in the back. If you anchor fish in a lake, you will want them spread out around the perimeter of the boat. If you mostly drift lakes sideways (like me) you will want them on the side of the boat with the most room.

9. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    anybody have any pics of how they have theirs mounted?

10. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
  11. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    One thing I had to figure out for my self was It did matter which way the base was set at least for trolling and against current. One side tightens when there is a pull and the other will or could spin it loose. the 45* on the left need to be up side down for me. Now I carry a wrench to tighten them.

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
  13. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    thats what i use also! i crank them down with the wrench, i generally dont have a problem with back spin! but hey guys im working on producing these rod holders also with left handed threads! but the left handed threads. we are negotiating with a company now for left handed threads they are a bit higher in price.

i would like to produce left hand threads and sell the to the anglers at the same price of the right hand threads!

im a new company and still in the growing stage, we are adding new as we can!

thanks for your support

steve douglas