6 lbs. Carp on 4 lbs. line !!

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by kyron4, Aug 29, 2008.

1. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Check this out. Was throwing a 1/16 oz. Roadrunner jig for Walleye and caught (in the mouth !!) a 6 lbs. carp. It made about a dozen runs and took 15-20 minutes to finally land him. Lucky for me that area of the river is a clean sand bottom , no rocks to cut me off on. Great fun. the drag was screaming.

Attached Files:

2. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Lol how did he hit that sucker? You must have pulled it into his mouth!!!! LMAO

3. NewMexicoCatfisher

NewMexicoCatfisher New Member

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    carp love jigs, if i just can't catch the game fish, I will throw a black marabou jig and they hit it like crazy

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a nice carp.

5. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    They're a lot of fun on light tackle

6. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Carp are sooooooo fun to catch on a light weight set up ...They are just pure power lol make's your heart skip abeat when you hook into one on a ultra light pole

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i caught one on a panfish assassin this spring, great fight on ultralight!

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    We used to fish for them quite a bit back home with ultra lights and they are a blast, especially the ones that live in moving water. There is also a little pond here in town that we catch them at, not quite a fun since they aren't in any current. They're still a ton of fun!

Nice catch man! I've never caught them on lures before.

9. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    I fish a lot for carp. I once caught a 6-lb carp on 2-lb line from the pier at Pike Island Dam on the Ohio River. I also caught a 9-lb carp on 4-lb line at Tappan Lake in Harrison County, Ohio. There is nothing like carp on light line :big_smile:. Great catch to you.

10. Bossofbeefbowl

Bossofbeefbowl New Member

State:
    Hanover Park,IL
    Funny thing about carp fishing.My 9 year old son wants to "upgrade" to bigger fish.So I go out and buy him a reel for a light/medium 4' 6" rod he won.He's been having a blast catching 1-2 pound carp with 6lb line on this thing.I set the drag loose and he's been loving bringing these guys in.Sometimes all you need is a lighter rod to make what you have just as fun,and seem just as big.