6 flathead catfish in 1 night

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Pylodictis Olivaris, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Went to the raccoon river friday night (West Central Iowa) at about 8:00 and by 11:30 we had 6 flatheads. A 2, 6, 7, 17, 19 and 23 pounder ! It was a really good time, the action was consistent and the weather was perfect. The best part was: My fishing buddy for the last 10 years has always been complaining that he has never caught a flathead and he is tired of trying and ready to give up and so on and so on. This has been going on for about 3 years now. So about an hour into it friday night after I have landed 2 fish he finally gets a nice long run on his bait clicker and ends up landing a 19 pounder....not bad for your first flat! Needless to say he is no longer complaining about not catching one, he just wants to catch more! The picture in the avatar is me holding a 17 and a 23 pounder. All six fish were alive and healthy early saturday morning and got released! I am having trouble posting my pictures of them.....I have them cut down to size way below what it says to and it keeps on saying they are too large...any suggestions

2. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    NICE CATCH I know the feeling your buddies feeling one of these days I'll have a good nite out like you guys had
    CONGRATS
    Trevor

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Congratulations on the Flats Todd! Man your heads and tails ahead of Me cause I can't even figure out how to get any picture Up. sorta Stupid I Guess. LOL. J.D.:big_smile:

4. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Todd, nice one. Was it in one of the places you couldn't buy a bite in August? I got a nice channel the other nite but nothing like you got. He was skinny! it seemed like he was dormant or something or worn out from the spawn. I think it was friday too. It looks like it will be a few days before the weather breaks and it will be a good time to go again.

5. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    congrats Todd, good stuff

6. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Congrats on the great night! Thanks for sharing!!

7. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    good job .....nice catch

8. Schifty

Schifty New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    way to go. sounds like an awesome night.

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    congrats on a fine catch, thanks for sharing

10. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    great night, looks very productive. Congratulations.

11. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    Sounds like you guys were on a "honey hole"!! Hopefully your fishing buddy is hooked! It's always fun to fish with someone that is as interested in the sport as you are.

12. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Go to google.com and download Irfanview it is the best picture crop/resizer that I have use and it has many other options as well. Well hope this helps as a fellow flat fisher I would really like to see the pics. Congrats on the catches Wish my first was that big my first ever flat I caught was only 2.5 pounds However I have yet to land one from the mighty MO river or from the Kansas River so maybe there is one on the horizon.

13. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    Good Night Fishing Awsome Fish For First Flathead.

14. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Way to go Guys. Sounds like a great night. I think I know why you are having trouble with the pictures. Just post them one at a time. If you have all of those fish on the same picture it is to heavy.:big_smile:

st

15. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    Good job on the fish you guys cought.

16. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on the catches... All 12 of the ones in my avatar were caught in about 3 hours at one of my local fishing holes.. all were caught on live shad... sould like you guys had an awsome time... hope you do just as well on your next trip out... reps to ya

17. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Great catch, Todd. Thanks for the post. "You done good."

18. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN

Todd,

You probably have either the dimension size or the file size to large. It has to be one or the other. Each size (dimension and file) has to fall within the given criteria for the attachment. You may have the dimension size below what is required but then your file size may be to large. Even though, you think you have cut it way below, it may not be below in one or the other (file or dimension).
    So, if you have your pix dimension size below 500 x 400, then it has to be your file size that is to much. But, I cannot recall what the max file size is.

Anyway, if you cannot get it corrected, send me a PM and I will try and help you further.

19. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Congratulations on your great catch

20. FlatheadMan

FlatheadMan New Member

State:
    Freedom,Pa
    Nice catch bro thats a good flatty for his first one