6 flathead catfish in 1 night

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by Pylodictis Olivaris, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Went to the raccoon river friday night at about 8:00 and by 11:30 we had 6 flatheads. A 2, 6, 7, 17, 19 and 23 pounder ! It was a really good time, the action was consistent and the weather was perfect. The best part was: My fishing buddy for the last 10 years has always been complaining that he has never caught a flathead and he is tired of trying and ready to give up and so on and so on. This has been going on for about 3 years now. So about an hour into it friday night after I have landed 2 fish he finally gets a nice long run on his bait clicker and ends up landing a 19 pounder....not bad for your first flat! Needless to say he is no longer complaining about not catching one, he just wants to catch more! The picture in the avatar is me holding a 17 and a 23 pounder. All six fish were alive and healthy early saturday morning and got released! I am having trouble posting my pictures of them.....I have them cut down to size way below what it says to and it keeps on saying they are too large...any suggestions.

2. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    Congrats on the big flatheads, That truely is a good night of fishing. prim

3. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    congrats on the catching. and now you fishing buddy has nuthing to complain about?

4. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    Sound like you guys had a good night.

5. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I admire your patience and determination. I'm not sure I could keep sticking with it like that. Thanks for posting!

Mike.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Congrats on the 6 flatties. As for pics I think Tea are Dreadnaught would be able to help.

7. Mauer

Mauer New Member

State:
    *Required*
    thats a great night of fishn

8. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Wow, that's the stuff dreams are made of. Congrats on a great night. Never posted a pic yet so can't help ya there. Someone will help I'm sure.

9. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Congratulations on a fun night of fishing, Hope that you have many more

10. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Congratulation Todd. I've yet to catch very many in one night. Must have been a good time!

11. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Thats great man !!

12. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks for the input on the pictures...I am still messing around with them for now.

Saturday night I went back to the same river (not the same spot) and caught one about 2 pounds within an hour and then had to get back home. Then I went again sunday night with my brother and he got a 4 pounder within 15 minutes in the pooring rain but we didn't stick around very long with the nasty weather. So all in all it was a good weekend. I hope the luck continues.

Anybody else have any luck lately? Let us know.