6/9 Grand report

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKat, Jun 10, 2006.

1. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Fished last night from 10:00 pm until 3:30am. Got a 14 lb Flathead at our 1st spot on cut gill. No more takers there so we moved upstream. Took a 11 lb Flathead on cut gill there as well as 2 channel cats in the 4-6 lb range. Moved again and managed one more Flathead weighing 6 lbs that took a cut gill again. We also caught 3 drum. Pretty slow night compared to last week. The fishing is deffinately slowing down now. It happens every year around this time. The cold front that moved through probably did'nt help fishing this week either. It was downright chilly last night.

Dan

2. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Ya now river cat it must be very up setting that the only people you fish with is people that pay you to fish with you! this is a tuff way but I am at lest telling you to your face this is a catfishing web site if you think that you can make money here your worng! and I FOR ONE WILL NOT LET YOU!!!! IF YOU BEG TO DIFFER LET ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I'm really sorry you feel that way Don. I know it's hard to get what a person is really trying to say by reading these posts. It's just alot different than talking face to face if you know what I mean. I never meant to come off that way to you or anyone else. I never had any intentions of trying to badger anyone for $$. I am a blue collar working class man who loves catfishing. I'm also a small, self employed, ceramic tile installer. I grew up 5 miles from the river and my Grandpa got me into catfishing at an early age. I started fishing almost exclusively for cats about 10 years ago. Using rigs and baits outlined in In- Fishermans Catfish Guide 1998 I started getting some great results.I highly recomend the read, I keep that same issue in my boat and consult it like Gospel. Last year my wife and I talked it over and she agreed that for as much time as I spend on the river I might as well go for it and follow my heart. So I went and took my charter captains license test. Honestly it was probably the hardest thing I've done since High School. I managed to pass.I was not a Guide when I 1st logged on to this site, but I am now. Yes some folks do actually pay me to take them Catfishing which I think is awesome. I actually shed a tear driving home late one night after my 1st trip. If Gramps could only see me now. Teaching people to catch cats just like he taught me. I honestly feel we have a largely untapped resource of amazing catfishing here in Michigan. I was excited when I found this site that there where guys like me out there. I'm really sorry guys if I came off like a jerk or like I was trying to sell myself to any of you. Maybe I should'nt have posted so much, or like Don said maybe give more info. I did'nt want to sound like a know it all and try to tell you guys how to fish. You all seemed to be pretty good fisherman allready. I'm glad you guys got your 1st Flatheads the other night. If you fish this river more your not going to belive how many cats are in there. Gramps used to say that if the river was clear it would scare you how many fish are in it. After talking via P.M.'s earlier this spring I was looking forward to maybe fishing with some of you this Summer at Hardy Dam,the upper Grand, or Allegan. I feel for the guys that do bank duty and I think of you guys almost every time I'm on the river. Part of building my guide bussines is taking the right people out for free. I do it alot more than I get paid to fish. I would'nt even think of asking any of you for a dime. Well I guess that's all. I wish you all well. RIVERKAT OUT.

1. Fresh Cut-Bait
    2. 5/0 Eagle claw # 84
    3. Logjamb associated with deep water
    4. Sinker tight to hook, NO LEADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. jross1901

jross1901 New Member

State:
    IL
    Riverkat, I think your story is awesome. Your gramps would be proud.
    Keep up the good work of catching those big boys and good luck with the catfish service. i just like it when i see fellow people whom enjoy catfish as i do. Very underated species.
    If you're ever down around allegan, give me a holler.

tight and safe lines to all,
    -jim