6.5 mm Italian Carbine...

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by festus, Nov 23, 2009.

1. festus

festus New Member

...aka Lee Harvey Oswald Special. Does anyone else on here besides me own one?

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    A friend of mine has one. He came out and shot holes in the steel plates I shoot with my pistols! A 1/4" plate don't stand a chance against a Carcano.

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I love old military rifles. Here I thought my old 30-40 Krag my great grandfather fought the Spanish with was bad. I use it to cap at least one deer a year. Lord knows he killed a boat load with it. I like a 6 mm aka my243 and love my 7 mm mauser. Now I am being forced to look at a 6.5.:big_smile::big_smile:

4. festus

festus New Member

My dad ordered mine from Klein's for about $14.99 right after the JFK assassination. However, he didn't buy the "Lee Harvey Oswald" scope. It was delivered right to our mailbox by the USPS. Back then you could buy a good used M-1 Carbine for about $39.99 through the US Mail.

5. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I had one when I was in high school. It was really rough looking, but would make a lot of noise. It was so short all my frends thought it was a 22. I'd say o no this is a 6.5 . Well they had never heard of one. Cource back then neither had I. It would sure blow the hell out of turltes & snakes. We used blow holes in the I beams under old steel bridges.

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    My buddy came by with his while I was out back shooting steel plates. The first one he hit had a hole you could drop a quarter through. Then we put two plates back to back. The bullet went through the first one and left a dent in the second that would hold about a shot of booze! That's a long heavy bullet that thing shoots.

7. festus

festus New Member

You're right about that, Flathead Willie. Does anyone know the best place on the net to buy ammo for those guns? I've checked around and it's pretty scarce.

8. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    My wife's dad had one. He is dead and my mother in law had it. She gave some of his guns to my son, but not the 6.5 Carcano. I think my brother in law (wife's sister's husband) may have it. We have about 15 rounds of the ammo, but we're hanging on to it in case the gun comes our way. I checked into it a few years ago and found out that the one she had was probably bought here in Anderson, SC at a store called JM Fields that sold them in the 60's for less than $20. Good luck finding some Ammo!

9. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    see them for sale, on those once and awhile.:big_smile:ammo that is.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  10. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    yep. lots of it on auction arms.