6\27 on Monty

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by steve_b124, Jun 27, 2009.

1. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    1st time out since the heart attack. Got on the lake a little later than I wanted, but managed 17 before the heat drove me off about 11:30. Nothing but eaters, but that was fun after a month of laying around and staying out of the heat. I took my 15 year old son with me today. Taught him how to start and drive the boat. I let him drive it around a while when it got time to leave. He seemed to have a ball, especially since he caught 1 more than I did!

The fish were not in any pattern. Put any cut bait on the bottom, at any depth, and they seemed to hit. Got bit in 14 feet all the way to 80 feet. If the big boys were in a pattern, I didn't find it. Other boats seemed to be having similar results.

Planning a night trip July 2nd. Don't know if I'll do Monty or Murray, but weather permitting we will try one of them.

God Bless All,
    Steve

2. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the very good report. And I'm glad you're doing well after the heart attack.

The Lord is able to heal it all.

3. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    Steve, were all glad here at the Bridges' residence that everything turned out ok from the heart attack and you're back on the water. Good catch.:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I'm glad you were able to get back out there Steve.

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Glad to see you back on the water, Steve! We're gonna have to meet up on Monty again and team up for a major smackdown :big_smile:

6. willieb18

willieb18 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Glad you got back on the water, I am dying to try Monty out.

7. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Steve, Glad to see you back at it. Also thanks for the report, and glad you got to enjoy the day with your son. You have had and will have our prayers.

Steve R.

8. flying_v_64

flying_v_64 New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for the report. I'll be heading to Monty this Thursday to give it a whirl myself.