6/27 fishing report

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKat, Jun 28, 2006.

1. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Had 2 guys out tonight for an evening trip. 1st clients I've had in a month. We landed about a dozen channel cats from1-8lbs. Alot of smaller fish in the 3lb range. The guys were pumped about that though because they were after eaters. They each caught a 8lb male channel cat. We found a hole that I suspect was full of males guarding nests. The first one hit before the sinker even touched bottom. The next one was the same thing but it came off. Then another one 2 minutes later. All hits came from a area no larger than 4 feet across in that hole. The " spot " was on the outside edge of a log jam near the current seam. That was the only spot we had really fast action at. The last spot we fished brought us 2 more channel cats in the 5-7 lb range, 1 5lb+ Sheephead, and a real nice 14lb Flathead that took fresh cutbait. I had out two nice lively livebaits at that time and the Flathead took the cutbait. We figured that was a great way to end the day so we called it quits after the Flathead. Will post pic of the Flathead tommorow got to get some shuteye.

Dan

2. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Thats a great fishing report Dan. I've just got to get me one of those Flatheads. I think I have the equipment now, all I have to do is get one on the end of it.
    Can I assume you caught the channels on cut bait?
    Waiting to see the pics.
    Sparky

3. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    Just you wait, Spark, when the fish on the end of the line bulldogs to the bottom and refuses to come up, you'll know you got a flat...
    None of that flop on the surface all the way to the boat stuff...
    I'm going to make it my mission to see you & Don land your first.

Dan- the flathead on cut sucker?

4. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    That sounds great to me Tony. I can't wait til the night of the 7th.
    Sparky

5. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    All i hear is talk talk talk and ain't seen no flathead yet. Think tony had that flathead in a tank and i think Jim i mean Steve is his partner in crime because all we seen was one of the fish and didn't see them catch that just heard the bait clicker making noise .:doubt: Is this all a plot to get me and sparky to come down their and fish with two guys that can't get no one else to fish with them? Did there moms have to Tye stakes around there necks to get the dog to play with them:0a36:

6. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Sparky, you guessed it cut bait for the channel cats too. Heres the pics from last night, the flathead and a nice channel.

Dan

Attached Files:

7. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Nice, Pics. Dan. Know dought about it, I got to get me one of those fish!
    Sparky

8. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Dan very nice pics you are getting better every day

9. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Nice pics Dan as always. Looks like you are turning alot of people on to catfishing in that area! If you're not careful it might get popular here! Have you told any of them about the BOC? We need some more representation in Michigan...

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish brother, congrats on the catches.

11. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Yeah I tell em about the BOC. I tell them to log on and see their pics that I post. Don't know if they ever do.

Dan