6/24 weekend

Discussion in 'MINNESOTA RIVERS TALK' started by rushing, Jun 26, 2006.

1. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Well I was out all night fri. with some friends. Hanson managed to catch a 21lb and a 22lb, I missed a very nice fish(my only run of the weekend) and my friend Chris just down shore from us got a 26lb flat. Sat night I was out all night again, there were three of us out for 10hrs without a single run!! We had a good time chillin around a camp fire though. Sun, I went out for 4hrs with a couple weak runs. The river sure was active with alot of carp surfacing and baitfish in the shallows splashin around, but no flats. So I didnt manage to catch a single fish after putting in about 25hrs this weekend. Oh well just how it goes sometimes.:lol: Its probably not gonna stop me from going out tonight either. The river has come way down this past week and hopefully we wont see any heavy rains to bring it back up. This high water cuts my shore spots in half and I am tired of getting muddy! Its makin me really think about getting a boat in the near future.

2. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Glad to hear you had a good time.
    I was out on Fri by shakoppee, Had 2 runs bout an hour after the thunderstorms came through. It was pretty soggy for awhile.
    No fish boated. Like you said thats how it goes.
    Good luck on the next round.
    How was the Kato Gathering. I would have like to come and meet some of you but it was the wifes b-day this weekend.
    thanks
    Larry

3. hanson

hanson New Member

State:
    Plymouth, MN
    Kato Gathering was an awesome time!

Fishing was slow for some of us but the Iowa boys did alright with a 38lb and some others as well.

Word is just in from some fellow FMers on the river right now that a 47" flattie weighing 50lbs landed in the boat about 1/2 hour ago. They were at the gathering but can't tell ya who caught it. :big_smile:

4. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Sweeeeeet!!!!
    thats a nice fish.
    thanks
    Larry

5. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Larry, we'll have to get together sometime soon and fish again. I havent been able to wet a pole in the last week, and I'm heading off for a weeks vacation tomorrow morning, so it looks like I wont be able to fish for kittys for at least another week.

Went out and bought a boat this past weekend....it's not exactly a boat for river fishing, but I'm sure I will enjoy skiing and wakeboarding this weekend on it!:0a17: :surrender: :smile: :beat_plaster: :haha: :eek:h:

Take care guys, and have a safe and great 4th of July weekend:byebye:

6. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Sweet!
    Congrats on getting a boat. It will make vacation a lot more fun.
    We do have to get out soon. PM when your back in town an got an idea on schedule.
    thanks
    Larry

7. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Not a river boat?:eek:oooh: How dare you!:lol:

Have a good holiday!

8. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    yeah yeah yeah, I know .. It was either a boat that our whole family can enjoy, or nothing at all. Hopefully by time I get back I will have heard reports of one of you guys breaking the state record.
    Good luck, and enjoy the holiday.

9. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    Congrats on the new boat Ryan. Have a great trip!