5th annual kids derby,Ute Lake,Logan N M.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 223reload, Jun 8, 2008.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Took my 11 yr old daughter and my 14 yr old nephew to our annual kids derby yesterday. I knew they had been chumming with corn ,so I got em rigged up with whole kernal corn on my cat rods ,rigged slip sinkers and 1/0 circles. It didn't take long before things got hot action wise any way. Katelyn caught more carp than I could keep count of ,all between 3 and 6 lbs,Bubba also caught too many to keep track of and lost a huge one ,which bent the 7.5 foot tigerspin rod from the handle straight out in the rod holder. Just as he grabbed the rod from the holder the line parted. I would have loved to have seen that one. but he then caught of all things a 8" smallmouth bass on whole kernal corn:big_smile:neither knew they were as close as they were for the big fish of the day till the very end. Katelyn had the honors with her 5.52 lb mirror carp and my nephew bubba had a 5.51 lb common. too close but they got a free zebco 202 r&r combo ,a tackle grab bag ,free t shirt ,and all who entered also got free dogs and sodas ,.We had a fun day on the water and I did the unthinkable here ,I cpr'd CARP:smile2::smile2::smile2:.I did bring the two biggest home to make cut bait from tho.Heres a few pics

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    forgot to post the pics,Well shoot ,I cant retrieve them at the moment. guess yall dont get to see the purty trophy and the rods they got . but they were all smiles.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ok heres the pics.

Attached Files:

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    And here's a couple more

Attached Files:

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I know those kids enjoyed it and sounds like dad did also. :big_smile:
    Cute kids, thanks for sharing.

6. leupy

leupy New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What a great time, I love fishing with kids. I put in a small pond and had it stocked just for kids I invite everyone I meet but very few ever show up. I keep bait and tackle for them to use along with sodas and snacks, if I am here I will even clean and cook the fish for them to eat but I don't allow them to take them home they must be eaten here. I don't want to spend all that money on fish just to have them frozen and thrwn away a year later.

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Looks like a good time to be had. CPR'd a carp!! I do it all the time. If I aint gonna eat it I aint gonna destroy it. :wink:

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just in case anyone missed it . Thought I'd roll it back up.