5HP Sears outboard

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by crackers, May 24, 2008.

1. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I have a Sears 5HP outboard and im needing parts for it. Would like to know if any one knows where I might get parts for this model. its the part that hold the hood up from the engine and the tiller handle ataches too. the Model No. is 217-58961 A 1969. And the inpeller for it also. thanks jerry

2. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    217 serial numbers were made by Eska

i could not find much more

lots of gamefishers were made by tanaka, that i could help you with in a heart beat, at least i can point you in the general direction!!

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I wish you the best of luck in your quest.I would advise caution.You can easily sink far more money in these motors than they are worth and still have one that will not operate.Junk parts are junk parts.Some are good,but many are junk and you have paid for them and the shipping.I have found this out the hard way.I wish you the best.I know of no way to help or I would.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee.

4. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    I have a 3hp sears that looks just like yours.. not sure on parts.. but fyi.. mine is air cooled. In which case there is no impeller.

5. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Have you tried a Sear's Repair Center? I've been told that they can order parts for any Sear's outboard motor.

6. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Im going to try sears in the morning and Im going to try the Discount marine also. and I had the lower unit off and it does have an impeller in it and it had all the vanes wore off of it the engine part is in very good shape but have not started it till i replace the impeller. found some information at the public library friday evening on this model and it had some of the other models in there of the early small outboard motors... thanks guys you are very helpful if I have too i will make a tiller holder out of some 3/4 sq.tubing to mount the hood and tiller handle too. then bolt it to the engine....thought about having it welded but dont know if it is out of Alumium or pot metal,but most welding shops that can weld alum, should be able to tell me that.....again thanks for all your info..Went out fishing this weekend holiday but rained yesterday and all day to day, just caught a few purch.boy is it hard to find a good place to fish from the bank with all this water up so high....

7. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    My air cooled Sears had a water pomp with a impeller as it had a water cooled exhaust!Do not count on a air cooled Sears not having or needing a water pump.I know for a fact as I personally replaced mine.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

8. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    how are you pee-wee, how are you doing I havent been on here very long but I enjoy the things you have to say on here very much and always look for your posts because they are very informative keep up the good posts and you have a good day cheers Jerry