58 pound Chickamauga, TN. Flathead!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by EricM, Apr 17, 2008.

1. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    My TWRA friends from Morristown, TN (Rob & Jim), along with another friend from Knoxville, TN (Roy) came down for some fishing this morning, and asked me as a special treat to take Rob's old school friend (Scott Dugan) and his brother Mike, both from Minnesota. Scott suffers from Huntington's disease, and has limited use of his hands, arms, and legs. We put him in the rear seat and Rob took the middle, while Mike and Jim got into Roy's boat.
    What a beautiful day! The fishing was slow, with Scott and Mike - who left 3 feet of ice on their lakes to fish here - kicking our butts by catching 6 fish each. Mike got the big blue cat of the day at 17 pounds (his biggest fish ever), and Scott whupped on us all by hanging a 58 pound MONSTER flathead catfish! With his limited strength and coordination, it was quite a battle, but he did wonderfully and after about a 20 minute fight we had color, but it was the wrong color! Rob realized that it was a flathead and whooped and hollered and chased it with the net and finally got it. Rob and I had to lift the net into the boat, and when we did we hit Scott in the center of the chest with the handle of the net and almost knocked him out of the boat! A quick grab by Rob kept us from having to net Scott too!
    This was Scott's personal best fish - by 45 pounds - and the man couldn't stop grinning. I was just as happy as I could be for the brothers. Another fabulous day on the river!!!

Attached Files:

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thank you for the info and thank you for taking him out fishing, I bet that made his day catching that hog and its a trip im sure he will never forget im glad to hear there are people on here that is doing good and making people excited, im glad he got him a nice one, I bet this is something he will remember for the rest of his life.

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Wow Eric, another monster fish. Thats a huge flathead, my biggest flat is barely half that. Congrats to you and the rest of the guys.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a very nice Flathead, Congrats Eric.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    thats a dandy, congrats.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That's a great looking fish! Thanks for sharing.

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Thanks for another great report!

8. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Great flatty...Eric....I have caught one flatty over 50...man they pull some string.

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Excellent feel good story Eric! :big_smile: That is a real dandy of a Flathead! Thanks for posting the pics! :cool2:

10. Spurhunter

Spurhunter New Member

State:
    TN
    Another monster in the blue stink-wagon!!! :smile2:
    Truely a great story behind this fish, thanks for doing what you do sir.

11. huls1

huls1 New Member

State:
    alabama
    very nice catch thanks for sharing

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nicf flathead !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool2: