55 & 40 Gallon Plastic Barrels?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by SmokinBarrel, Jun 16, 2009.

1. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Does anyone know where I can get a 55 & 40 gallon plastic barrel? I'd like to make a bait tank.

I called C L Smith's and they wanted a premium for each container/barrel, plus a $35 charge for being under a $250 minimum. I looked on craigslist, and there's 55 gallon for sale, but couldn't find 40 gallon, or 35 gallon?

2. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Try the local car wash, they get their soaps in plastic barrels, also car dealers that have car washes often have empty barrels. hope this helped

3. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Here are two places in Kansas City, Kansas
    Consolidated Container 913-281-0477
    Scott Barrel 913-342-2290
    hope this helps.

4. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    A white barrel with gallon markings if you can find one. We pick em up out of the river here every year blue and white are the best the black ones tend to heat the water when in the sun and kill off the bait. I got a white one I cut down to lil over 1/2 it holds 35 gal of water easy. Go with 55 they work better.

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I was on the Mississippi on Friday and I went from Maple Island to almost downtown and saw several along the bank. I remember some white ones. Like Welder said they work best cause they reflect heat. I cut about a third off mine and made a lid out of plywood and foam insulation. Cut the insulation as close to the size of the opening and glue it to the plywood. Helps with the heat and the lid stays on better when you are moving.

6. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    I have one i beleive is'ts 35 gallon with lid
    you want it ?
    St. Louis Area

7. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Perfect place i have found is a house on 40 highway in blue springs he has metal plastic all types of differnt kinds of barrels you take what u want and leave the money in a box next to his house, i dont have a exact address but ill try to help you out, if you are on woods chappel in bluesprings go right onto 40 highway twds independence , go down past phippls 66/ local school buses on that curve of 40 look to your right you cant miss it he has a bunch of barrels stacked up agasnt a fence

8. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    also wanted to add for a good price i bought a few 50gal plactic barrels for trash cans years ago from there think i spent like 40 bucks or so for both just put them in my truck and money in the box he has video camer's everywhere so be good :wink:

9. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Is it white or blue? I suppose it doesn't matter, because I plan to use for the inside. I'll take it, how much?

I plan to place a 35 gal inside a 55 gal, and spray foam inbetween for insulation.

10. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    MiseryMike,

Sorry, I live in St. Louis. Thanks for replying though.

11. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
  12. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Ya might try food packaging plants, ethanol plants, or chemical plants. Sometimes they are for sale in the Bargain bulletin.

13. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    if you get one from a carwash, or one that you dont know what was in it, be careful. some of those soaps are corrosive and toxic.

14. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    I just replied...

15. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    sorry i couldnt help you i hope that help's someone in the kc area lol its 3:30am im waiting on 320hotrod <brian> to call me to come get me to head to the kaw lol it was my gf's 21bday tonight she is SMOKED rookie :p wish us luck :smile2:

16. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
  17. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Go out of the MO river, I see then laying on the banks around here all of the time.

18. kurtk

kurtk New Member

State:
    Independence
    Damn, you must live right down the road from me. I drive by that place all the time. Know the exact place you're talking about.

19. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Scaley provided me with a 35 and 55 gallon drum on Friday. Although, I screwed up and cut the 55 gallon to short. But, I found another one on Sunday at a Car Wash.

20. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Blue springs is my hometome grew up there when i was a lil dude and moved back in my early 20's use to live at 40 and woods behind dells honda, hope to move back again sometime in life :smile2: