51 bridge between talyors ferry and sequyaha state park

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by catfishinfordman, Apr 9, 2006.

1. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    Now if I remember right people said that it is a good blue spot. Are there many flattys there. And which side of the bank is the best. I am going fishing this next weekend and I plan on going there if it is the spot that u all are talking about. And are there shad there.

2. Oldtroll

Oldtroll New Member

State:
    King NC.
    It has been many many years since I have fished Ft. Gibson.
    If you leave Taylor's ferry and head towards the 51 bridge, you will see an island off to the right.
    If you fish below the island half way between it and the shore, you should do ok. That area used to produce a lot of good cats.
    You should be able to get shad all around the marinia.
    On another note, if you like to go after Crappy, tie up to one of the bridge pilings under the 51 bridge close to the channel.

Good luck, be safe, and have fun.

3. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    thanks for the advice. But unfortanatley I dont have a boat I will be fishing from the bank.

4. Oldtroll

Oldtroll New Member

State:
    King NC.
    If i remember correctly, the island is only about 200 yards from the lake shore, and that part of the shoreline is easy to get to. throw out a 3 way rig with a lively shad, and see what happens. Hopefully something good..

It has been a lot of years since I was there. I hope that the area is not all built up .