50lb. of lead

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by BIG_D, Nov 1, 2008.

1. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    finly rounded up about 50lb of lead now i wont complain so much about all the sinkers i give up to the alton dam lol now i can put some of theas good sinker making tips to good use think im gona start out trying no rolles and no snag sinkers:cool2:

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I hear ya, Dallas! Nothin' wrong with trying to save a buck or two!
    Bill in SC

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dallas ,
    Be careful and have a well vented place to do it

4. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    50 pounds of lead will go along way,be safe!

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i think my estament was off i got half of it worked up into ingits today that was about 35lb worth i got to get me a no rolle mold i tride the spoons as a no rolle mold that sucks if the spoons are not perfectly leavel it makes a mess and its hard to get a stinking spoon perfectly leavel found the perfect ingit mold thoe a muffen pan works great ssshhhh dont tell the wife lol hhhhhhmmmmmm ya might be a redneck if ya steel the wifes muffen pan for ingit molds lol:smile2::cool2::crazy::eek:oooh:

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Dallas, get ya some scrap dry wall and cut your no roll pattern into it and the spot for your wire, works very well, and cheap too!:wink:

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i wont have to worie about sinkers for the river next year got 500lb of bullet lead gave to me today!!!:cool2:

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Dallis you will find it saves ya alot but it is also time consuming....I have bout 3oolbs of the ole ladys muffin tinn ingiots ready to puor....gonna buy a new egg sinker mole coming uo

9. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Dallas I just moved and those who helped me were asking what's in this box that's so heavy.LEAD!!! about 50lbs in banksinkers and better than 200 lbs in ingits.I used a bread stick pan for an ingit mold.

10. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    Where in the world do you find the lead I've looked everywhere and I cannot find it

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Ancient Chinese Secret, :smile2::smile2::smile2:

Tire Shop, roofers, plumbers, or keep a eye on your local band aid station, when they redo the x-ray rooms every few years you might get it from the contractor, long as he don't fish :wink: And numerous other places, bad thing is it is starting to get a better value and most places are keeping it or already have someone buying it from them

12. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i have about 6 or 800 lb now and it was all free i got all i should ever need for myself all i did was put a add on craigslist my add read free or cheap lead to make fishing sinkers any scrap lead will do try putting that on craigslist if you do this one tip is deleat the add every night and put it right back on this way your add is at top at all times gets more atention this way i did this about 3 times and i had all the lead i needed i hope it works as good for you as it did me good luck

13. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    For the sinkers that you think you might need from 6 oz and up. Take a snap swivel to put down in the lead and use muffin tins. Just mask tape it in place before you pour. Also, You can use the small tin for both molds and ingots that fit into the melting pots if anything...
    www.barlowstackle.com/ is one of the best places to get your do it molds that are reasonable in price.

Vince

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dallas this is a good idea. I'm trying it now. I've been listed for two days and no calls yet.

15. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Mick just dont give up the right one sees it you will be coverd up i hope anyway

16. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Same here. Great idea, so I copied ya. No luck yet

17. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Good luck on that venture, but I think your gonna be paying for it from here on out, had been getting it from the local tire shop down here for 5 years for free, to get it out of his way, now the battery man is buying it from him:angry: