$500 reward offered for stolen motor

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by IndyCatGuy, Jun 17, 2008.

1. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    I am offering a $500 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the sad SOB that stole my motor off my boat. It is a 1987 25HP Mercury Outboard motor and was stolen in the Brooklyn/Mooresville area. Whoever did it knew what they were doing. Here is a pic of it:

[​IMG]

2. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    Wow criminals these days. I sure hope you find your motor.

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Bro, I'll keep my eye's open for you... your photobucket link was "dead" when I tried it... try pawnshops in martainsville and you've got a pm.:wink:

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    It is sad when they do that, but you see it more and more on those tiller motors nowadays on back of the jons. Hope you find the one whoo stole it, or better yet maybe not. Just get your motor back!!

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have mine chained to the boat but if someone wants it they will get it....realy sucks I feel for you and wish you the best getting it back !

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Not much worse than a thief. I hope you get your motor back and they catch the sorry sob that stole it.

Tom

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sad deal. I will keep an eye open in So. Illinois. The last few digits of the serial number would help.

8. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    really sorry man that is bad new dang

9. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'll keep my eye out for someone trying to move a Merc 25 here in Terre Haute. I've got family in Martinsville, I'll have em keep an eye out too. If by chance I was the one to locate it, you could keep your reward, money gotten that way aint no good to me. Sorry about the bad news, good luck.

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Scott, I hope ya find the SOB that stole it. Ya might want to check craigslist or ebay. A friend of mine found his audio gear on ebay and the cops went and bought it and the guy bought himself a prison sentance. :wink:

11. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Agreed, also if you could tell us about a certain obvious scratch or mark or something that can be seen from a distance? it would help.. I really really hate to be bending over looking at a serial number and have someone hit me over the head with a ball bat for nosing around their boat.
    There's enough folks on this forum that there might be a fairly good chance someone will see it if you give us some more info for identification. Bill

12. shadgutter

shadgutter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i have 18hp evinrude older motor, u can have it. it ran good 2 years ago, have not tried motor in 2 years. hey it's formally shadut sorry 4 being an ass and about ur motor, they kicked me off the web site, if u want the motor i'm goen 2 lake house in 2 weeks, i'll bring it back. i'll keep an eye out 4 ur motor when i'm on the river. my neghibor is the mooresville detective, do they know about ur motor? i'll talk 2 him 2 nite about it.

13. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    They got you too huh Scott.. Im still looking for my poles and tackle... But I will also be on the lookout for your motor now also... My things where stolen in the Mooresville/Camby area.. So we are close... Could be they same people.... My sister lives in Country Manor and I just notified her to keep her eyes open also... The pic was really helpful to.. I should post a pic of my things is i have pics so that you local guys can keep an eye open also..

14. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    with my poles and tackle stolen and your motor... EVERYONE chain down your boats.. cause thats all the need now.... then they are set..

15. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    Yeah unfortunately I never wrote down the serial number. I had the motor bolted and chained and really thought that I had done everything I could to secure it. I never left anything in the boat for that reason, but they knew what they were doing. They cut 2 locks and unbolted the security cables. I appreciate all the help guys. Shadgutter...I had sent you a PM to your old account apologizing as well. I really appreciate the offer and I think I might take you up on it.But I am going to keep my eyes open. I know the person who took it was driving a newer red S-10 truck and they have been seen a couple times in the area.

16. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah man, I had the wheels stolen off my Mustang just before the flood rain BUT here's what happened to that dude because he left foot prints from my Mustang, through my woods, and to his trailer door nearly a mile away he even left a floor jack and a ball bat in my woods!!!!. He was making his rounds around this area but screwed up when he stole my Mustang wheels.http://www.reporter-times.com/stories/2008/06/05/news.nw-703205.sto

17. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA

great ending ta that one:wink:, and now with gas prices sky high ya have ta lock everything down, very sad what its coming to

18. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah, lived here 'bout 20 years... never had anything stolen off my property,,but now there's alot of punks in that trailer park I run off three teens Saturday who I swore was casing my house... they walked 1/4 mile up my private road from that trailer part there and was standing behind a big oak tree in a patch of woods directly in front of my house across the road.

I'm thinkin' about hiring whiteriverbigcats (shane) to come over and help do some bouncing for me:wink:

19. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    In that case If you don't know of any uniqe marking(s) or something on that motor that you can describe to the cop then that motor is GONE bro, even if you find it... even if you swear up and down it's yours you'll still have to prove it to a cop by a unique identification of some type.... been there before.

20. MNeffle

MNeffle New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Scott,

Sorry to hear about your motor. I will keep an eye out for anyone trying to unload a motor on the north-side of town. It really is a shame you have to worry about your vehicle when you want to fish all night. There have been a number of times I would have liked to fish some place, but was concerned about my vehicle being stolen or broke into. I hope you recover your motor and justice is served. I don't know if anyone saw the news last night, but some sorry sob stole the money from two kids lemonade stand.

Good Luck, Mike