Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm not really a virgin, I've caught several under 10 Lbs. but I want some good ol BIG ones.
I've spent my whole life chasing Bass, n Walleye, n Crappie, and I'm pretty successful at it, but I'm ready to slow down and trophy hunt.
I fish El Dorado, and I know theres monster Flathead in there, and I have the equipment, and boat and patients to get them. I just need someone to point me in the right direction.
How do you recognize good Flathead water? and
When is the best time of year for BIG fish? I assume spring?,.. spawn?...Night?

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
El Dorado is a great place for nice flatheads.Your best bet is probably below the dam pre spawn.The lake is a pretty good place but probably a lot slower on rod and reel.Any place that has cover and access to food is likely to hold a flathead, lake or river.Dont under estimate daytime flatties.Think deep during the day and shallower at night.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You better hurry up then old timer,...cuz soon as I can get my fat ass up away from this computer I'm gonna hit it hard...well maybe.....after supper....well,.. this weekend looks nice. :wink:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey buddy im itchin for a flattie myself.. but ive always been told that the magic water temp for flats is 50f . whats the water temp there? But if you are like me i think 45f sounds good !:wink:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The KWDP site says 35, but I think its a little warmer than that.
I'm having withdrawal pains so bad, I went out and just set in my boat for an hour this evening. It wasn't bad until I caught myself going vroom, vroom.:crazy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.