50 to 1 mixed gas

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by Doyle, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have two 5 gal cans of mixed fuel (50-1) for a two cycle boat motor. I don’t have a two cycle anymore. Do you think it would be ok to use this gas in a 4 stroke lawn mowers?

2. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have been adding it to my lawn mower gas at a ratio of 1 gal. outboard mix to 4 gal. regular gas.I have done this since the 70s to get rid of old left over outboard gas without wasting it.Worked fine for me with all engines till catalytic converters.I never put it in a engine with one.Done the same with weed eater gas & oil mix.It never seemed to have any effect that I could tell.Never noticed any difference in spark plug or engine life.peewee-williams

3. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    I've poured straight weed eater gas into a lawn mower in a pinch and didn't even notice any smoke. I think you'd be OK using outboard gas in a 4 stroke.

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    ive done it for years great way to get rid of old fuel

5. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I did it Tuesday. Out of gas, 7 miles to town, rain was on it's way. Finished up the yard with no problem, or smoke.

6. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks all, I'll do it.:lol:

7. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    I dumped about 3 gallons of gas at the end of last season in my truck with the other gas, no smoke or problems. With today's catalytic converters, you won't see any smoke. I wouldn't dump 10 gallons in with a couple of gallons of regular, but 3-5 gallons per tank won't hurt a thing.