50 pound San V Blue Catfish! Excellent Catfishing!

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bluehunter, Mar 5, 2006.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Went out in the rain of course and nailed a 50 pound blue from San V. Fish ate a big chunk of mac. Also caught a 17.5 pound channel and lost a bigger blue all within a 45 minute time frame from 400pm - 445. The bigger blue shook loose and could not be stopped until it shook loose. Biggest one of the year for me so far. Looking forward to getting more.

Brian.

PS, if anyone can resize the pic for me give me your email and I will send the pic to you.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    congrats on the nice blue, I sent you my email address in a pm I will resize the pic for you.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's really great!!! Looking foward to seeing the pictures. :)

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Congrats, Brian :thumbsup: That's a great catch! Looking forward to the pic.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You can do a serch and find a free image changer called irfanview, it's a free download and easy to use.

Attached Files:

6. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Thanks flathunter. I appreciate the help.

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    The deal on this fish was it was caught in shallow water right off some rocks in about 6 feet of water. It was raining, so I knew the blues would be crusing the shallows looking for some feed. Soon as it hit, it made a dash for deep water, but my jim moyer rod and abu garcia 7000 big game with 30 pound trilene had things in control. It hit hard and strong and shocked me at first. It took about 8 minutes to get the fish in. Real good fight and fun as well. Cut chunks of mac did the trick, all my hits were on chunks and no takers on the heads at all to my surprise. Loookinf forward to the next good rainfall if it happens and I will try to be out there again for some cruiser blues.

Also the fish released like a charm splashing water in my face as it took off in good shape.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Brian,
    Nice cat! You need to put it in the Hall of Fame for CA.
    Cheryl

9. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Great fish....when's the fry?

10. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Thats a big danged fish Brian nice catch, and nice channel cat also that would be a dream cat to me down here man! Nice gear set up also makes the difference when you can trust you're setup for anything that comes along.

11. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Brian, Congratulations on another nice blue! You seem to have their number.

12. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Nice fish congrats! I hope one day to hook up with a big one like that.

13. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Nice going blue just had to know you would be out there with the rain. I almost thought of making the the trip myself but got my boat tore apart, puttin new rails and clets on it. Just mite rain tomarrow they say. Many people? How long did you fish? did you have your son along for the good luck?

blue for pic resizing try this http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm , its free

14. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Hey Dale. Yeah little B was with me. I have a pic with him as well. He was scared of the cat though. LOL. I may go next weekend if conditions is right. It is suppose to rain on Monday and Tues though, but the lake is only open Thurs thru Sunday. I arrived at noon and stayed until closing so I fished for about 5 1/2 hours. They seem to do better during the eve hours their so really no need to go until the afternoon time.

15. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Oh I forgot to answer your question.

The lake was close to empty, which is another reason I like fishing in the rain. Only the hardcore will venture out in those conditions, and it is the best time to go after big blues as well.

16. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Nice blue :006: wouldn't mind hooking into one of the size
    way to go:rock-big:

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Way to go Brian;) Very nice fish brother:worship: You in luck, cause there is more on its way:confused: Big storm coming I hear so you be safe out there. I as out in it fishing yestursay early morning. I seen the flooded roads and I could tell a lot of water passed through:eek:

18. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Bluehunter, thats a super catch! I've had some great action in the rain but I'm always concerned about getting my car stuck in the muddy roads. I give you props as a sportsman for releasing the fish.

19. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    blue dang fish is as big little blue, i think i would b scared if i were him. saw his pic on fnn, man just think how scared he'll b when you hook up 60# flat cuz there just plan scary looken.. i was thinken ud see muskieman or catmando out there. but seening i saw and talked to catmando out at the fred hall show i know he didnt make it, i know one thing he sure would have ratherd been fishen, but so how it goes for a big business man, lol

hey blue ya think ya mite want to head out to the river the nite of 3/24

20. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Most definitely Dale. I hear that the flatheads are picking up jugding from the report I saw from desert cat on the FN. That is what I really want, an opportunity at some nice flatheads. Hit me up at 909-843-7315 and see what we can put together. Sat eve and night would be best so I can come back Sun Morning and get ready for the hard week that always awaits me.