50 lbs @ Lake Monticello. yeehaw!!!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Skipper, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Skipper

Skipper New Member

State:
    S.C.
    In a round about way but it was 20 cats form 2 to 4 lbs. All caught drifting. Could pretty much watch the depth finder and tell when the rods were gonna start jumping. Good day on the water. Didint get there until lunch time. No wind at all early but later in the day the wind picked up good for drifting. Actually did more playing than fishing but still came home w/ a mess. Still having a problem finding perch in numbers over there. Just one here and there. Spent two hours or so trying to find them but no luck.

2. johnboy

johnboy New Member

State:
    Columbia SC
    they are all fun to catch, aren't they...so what number did your depth finder have on it when them rods bent over:eek:oooh:...I will be there tomorrow morning....good catch!@!

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I got into some perch a fews back in a shallow cove with a sandy bottom. I caught 20 small perch in no time with red worms. BTW good catch.

4. ARwhiteskin

ARwhiteskin New Member

State:
    Arkansas...by God!
    Nice bunch of fish Skipper. That must have been fun. I'll be over that way tomorrow evening. :big_smile: Congrats on the catch man.

5. davidcarolina

davidcarolina New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Skipper, the title got my nerves tore up. Shame on you..

6. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Yeah I love them 2 - 4 lbers. You can fill up a cooler with them suckers and have an awesome tasting fish fry. I just had one saturday from monticello fish.

7. BassTrackerMac

BassTrackerMac New Member

State:
    Liberty, SC
    Now that's my kind of mess of cats! Nice Catch:wink: